Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transmission bolt patterns

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar

Transmission bolt patterns

Can any one tell me the difference in the bolt pattern to the motor between the NAG1 and the 45RFE transmission??? After all the pictures online I've looked, they look to be the exact same. And I've got a wild idea up my sleeve
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Id imagine they are identical since the NAG1 is used on the Grand Cherokee SRT8 motor.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Oh boy here we go! LOL
    Lol, I hear ya Sal.

OK here is my idea. Some Liberty's have the 3.7 V6 and the 45RFE transmission (not sure what years). Welll, the difference in the bolt pattern on the back of the LIberty 3.7 does not look any different than my 3.7 in my WK. (Besides, why would a manufacture produce 2 different 3.7's??? THat doesn't make any sense)

Anyway, What I'd like to do is to find a transmission and tcase out of a Liberty, along with the Liberty computer, and bolt it in my WK. I'd have low range and I could install my 3.73 gears. (because the LIberty came with them form the factory on the LImited I think)

Thoughts? (besides the money factor. this would be a loooong project if it even happens).

Flame away.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Why not just take off your mods and trade Jeeps?
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Well I could do that. But I like to be different.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Well cool then, You should do something really extreme and switch in a Rubicon Tcase with 4:1 ratio. That would be pretty cool man.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    Well cool then, You should do something really extreme and switch in a Rubicon Tcase with 4:1 ratio. That would be pretty cool man.
    I likey

What I was wanting to do is to put in an Atlas II t-case. I've seen in a few forums where liberty owners had an Atlas II mated to the 45RFE transmission. I think that would be baller!

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Why not just get a transmission and tcase from a Grand Cherokee or Commander so you dont have to mess with computer related stuff. That would be a pain if you ask me and wouldnt be worth it. Some 3.7 liter Commanders come with 4 low and a member on the other forum has already done the swap
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information