Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xk coils

Senior Member Getting Dirty

xk coils

i was wondering if anyone has swapped their WK coils with a set of XK coils from a hemi model w/tow package. im interested in seeing what the spring rate of these are compared to say my WK springs for a 4.7 w/tow package? i hear people say they will give a WK bit of a lift/boost, so im wondering if anyone has done the swap? thanks for the help.

what im looking to do is possibly ditch the BB, swap in XK coils and a JBA leveling kit and be done with her till i decide what direction i want to go. i have this clunk in the front that i think the BB is culprit. so i plan on ditching the BB and the bwoody extended links.

oh yea, XK guys with the hemi and tow package- if you are unloading your OEM coils let me know.
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Ill take the Bwoody extended links if you ditch them
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Hate to hijack the thread but where did you get your fastman tb from? Did you notice a difference after install?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Hate to hijack the thread but where did you get your fastman tb from? Did you notice a difference after install?
    ordered it directly from fastman... it was a decent mod. nota huge difference after install.
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I started a thread about this recently. ... I noted the spring codes for my XK but haven't been able to find information on spring rates that would allow us to estimate how much ride height you'd gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I started a thread about this recently. ... I noted the spring codes for my XK but haven't been able to find information on spring rates that would allow us to estimate how much ride height you'd gain.
    im thinking if i do go that route ill go XK rears and CRD fronts w/ JBA spacer. supposedly they have a 609lb spring rate. the XK rears im wondering what the difference in spring rate is compared to the WK. i saw your thread.
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Junior Member Looking for Dirt bruijr's Avatar
    Just installed OME HD coils and struts on my XK two weeks ago. I have a HEMI with towpackage and have the coils sitting in my garage. Send me a pm if you're interested......
    2007 4x4 Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Mods:
    OME HD Lift, 1/4" Rusty's strut plates, HD UCA's
    American Racing ATX Mojave wheels with Goodyear Duratrac 265/70 R17 tires
    Mopar skid plates & sport utility bars, 12" billet antenna

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Lt_JWS's Avatar
    Im considering doing this and ridding myself of my daystar lift... I wonder what OME springs and 1/4" spacers would do?

Edit, im looking for about an inch or just alittle more....
    Last edited by Lt_JWS; 11-23-2011 at 08:41 PM.
    2006 XK 4.7V8 | Quadra-Drive II |2 1/2" Lift | K&N Filter| Port and Polished Throttle Body| Magnaflow# 12256 | Leather, heated seats, Command View| Factory Tow hooks | Full factory skids | Rear D-Ring Shackle |1.25" front/1" rear spacers | JK Wheels | 245/75R17 Nitto TG

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt_JWS View Post
    Im considering doing this and riding myself of my daystar lift... I wonder what OME springs and 1/4" spacers would do?
    That's what im running: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...OME-HD-Install

Quote Originally Posted by Lt_JWS View Post
    Im considering doing this and ridding myself of my daystar lift... I wonder what OME springs and 1/4" spacers would do?

Edit, im looking for about an inch or just alittle more....
    if youre looking for an inch or alittle more youre going to douible your goal with the OME springs and 1/4" spacer. now i think if you did:

- rear OEM xk tow package coils
    - front HEMI or CRD coils
    - bilstein hd shocks/struts
    - jba front strut spacer

you would be looking at an inch maybe an inch and 1/4" over the stock height. its tempting to go this route.
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information