Thread: ZJ Belt Squeak

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    we need to have some open engine compartment discussions at our next meet!
    We have these at the meets just under different conditions and usually unintended. LOL !!
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Although, funny - I have no idea why people won't just take my word for when I say it's "Coming From HERE". I've lost my interest in the topic and that's o.k., i'm going to do what I really don't want to do, and just take it to a mechanic.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Although, funny - I have no idea why people won't just take my word for when I say it's "Coming From HERE". I've lost my interest in the topic and that's o.k., i'm going to do what I really don't want to do, and just take it to a mechanic.
    Touchy today? The clutch and stuff can be replaced but you have to evac and refill the AC to do it so that's a hundo right there easy. Which AC system is that using because if it's the old stuff they won't touch it you'll have to convert it over. I understand what there saying about where the noise is it really is a tricky thing bro knowing for sure man. The fact that it goes away worries me that it isn't the compressor bro.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Because if its coming from there then you need to replace the compressor... $$$$$$$$$$

Are you $600 confident its coming from there? If so, replace it and see if the squeak goes away. Don't know what else to tell ya other than what I already did.... I'd spend $15 on an automotive stethoscope to be 100% certain that's the true origin of the noise because its not a cheap fix. Actually, its winter.... I bet They make an AC delete kit that would be cheaper...

Thread Information