Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
I've included a picture. My belt has begun squeaking ever since it started getting cold. Just an FYI, the 96 V8 has a self-adjusting tensioner to the belt. The belt is not coming off track, it's not damaged (it's a brand new belt I put in), I've applied conditioner to the belt - and this worked untill it started getting cold.

The tensioner is not the cause of the squeak. I've included arrows on the picture as to what I think IS causing the squeak. Taps, squeaks, and creeks drive me insane - I MUST FIX this. In order to determine what THIS is, I need a little help.

Now that I've had a chance to break this ZJ in - I've found some issues I'd like to try and resolve.

First - What is the pulley that my arrows are pointing to (I think it's the water pump) and what does it control.
Second - Is there anything else that can cause the belt to squeak?
3rd - My heat ONLY works when the thermo is on max heat - What could be causing this and is it related to my squeak
4th - I've heard that if you here a squishing/gushing sound when you start the car and the AC/Heat is on - there is something wrong with the Heater Core - can anyone confirm, and is this a pricey fix - and is this related to my 3rd problem.

Thats all for now.
How do you know it's not the tensioner?

1st Whats hooked up to it? Don't look like your alternator but maybe the compressor. Look and see what kind of lines are hooked to it.
2nd Lots of stuff can cause a squeak bro.
3rd what do you mean max heat using the temperature blend?
4th If you hear gushing or gurgling sounds it's probably air in the system that would be my guess.