Quote Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
The QD2 ELSD is capable of 100% lock.
This is correct the QD2 will obtain full lock. I think it is a matter of how you're driving. While rock crawling which is what I mostly do I just put it in 4LO and don't touch the ESP this keeps the traction control touchy and reacts quickly to wheel spin. I tried it with the ESP off and yes it allows to much wheel spin for having wheels off the ground. Now in the sand and mud I will go in 4LO and hit the ESP button so I can have more wheel spin with out the computer jumping in. I found that this setting will allow enough wheel spin for most situations. The guys who need more wheel spin have tied the ABS fuse into a switch so they can have all the wheel spin they want. If your transitioning from snow to ditches so from needing lots of wheel spin to needing no wheel spin you need to be turning the ESP button on and off as needed. My only complaint so far with this system is it's not as controllable or say predictable as having a locker. But I don't think I would go without a select-able locker for a DD not with these things anyway. At this point in my build it's still the ground clearance and wheel articulation that holds me back right now.