superacerc
My question is, If you go with a limited slip like truetrac what happens when the traction control steps in (or does it not work that way on the QDII)?
The traction control being brake biased only sees wheel spin so adding traction won't upset it any.

Sal-XK
If you get a wheel off the ground with QT2 you don't need to nothing the torque break traction control will stop that wheel and send the power to the other wheel. Unless you're really into off roading and do it all the time a locker is a waste of money. The computer system does a great job at handling just about everything you can throw at it. If you need more wheel slip just hit the ESP button once if you need a lot more slip hold it down til you here the chime. The best locker you can buy for on road use is a selectable one. I have had two wheels off the ground a lot and the computer has always kicked in kept me moving.
I've experienced problems when crossing over ruts when one wheel is slightly unloaded and the other is in full contact but the unloaded wheel seems to get all the power, While off road I always have the ESP full off in 4low, I hate when the traction conrtol kicks in from take off and "slows your roll" if you know what I mean? By the computer applying the brakes isn't momentum being lost? Correct me if I'm wrong but the QDII is an ELSD Limited slip, but not a complete locker only locking 60% It's my idea That adding traction with a new carrier would improve overall performance and by leaving the ESP in partial maybe the brake action of the computer would help the Truetrac perform better?