Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What years of NV245 will fit my '06?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    Finally got the TC out!!! This would not be a trail fix
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Here is an update on the t-case: It's back together and in the vehicle but there are still problems. It looks like the front diff locker is shot also.
    The t-case repair ran about $300 ($230 for the clutch plates and another $70 for the drum that was scored).
    JeepinByAl was good on the warranty and sent me a set of bushings to replace the ones that went out in the UCAs. We will replace those when we get access to the front diff.
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Do you know what's wrong with the front?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Damn man, one thing after another

Whats the front diff doing? Just not locking up?

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    How long have you had the JBA UCA's to where the bushings need to be replaced already?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Is there a write up or something on how to rebuild the front diff? I've looked everywhere but cannot find anything.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    sounds like one heck of a job you have on your hands! Too bad I am not closer to you or I would come give you some help.
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Do you know what's wrong with the front?
    Yes, it's a bummer. I should know tomorrow when we get it apart. The right front does not lock and we get the "Service 4WD System" warning (I can't remember the exact code description). The vehicle will not move w/o hooking up the diagnostic computer and manually setting the t-case. It's weird because after breaking it a month ago, I drove it out in 4LO.

The JBA UCAs were installed in March. Marvin (?) told me that I was the 3rd customer to have the bushings disintegrate and that his bushing supplier was replacing the defective parts. To JBA's credit he stepped right up and stood behind the product! It's worth inspecting yours if you have the UCAs.

Quote Originally Posted by strokeZ View Post
    sounds like one heck of a job you have on your hands! Too bad I am not closer to you or I would come give you some help.
    I'm thankful I have some expert help or it would be at the $dealer$.

Well I just found out that I snapped the front (passenger-side) axle in addition to all the other damage. At least it wasn't the locker ($$$)! We should have the new axle tomorrow (coming from Denver) and, hopefully, I'll be running again by this weekend!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information