Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Look at this snorkel system.....

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I havent been on the forum for 1 day. What did I miss, Sals acting weird lol
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar

okay Sal, come here......

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Looks like he sold his WK for an JK.... but he did a much better job this time!

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    good God, man! Those pontoons would hold 3 jeeps! I just don't understand the reasoning behind this...buy a boat?
    if it ain't broke, fix it until it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0rWC...eature=related

notice the dukes of hazard window entry around 9:30.

if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSTINTX-XK View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0rWC...eature=related

notice the dukes of hazard window entry around 9:30.

if you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough
    Lol - best quote.
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    "Lol - best quote." No kidding, that's is funny!!

The hitch-winch is a good argument for having that type setup instead of the usual front bumper mounted one. You get stuck going in... you can yank yourself back out.

Those electrical gremlins at the end are just the beginning for that doomed Jeep.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    Every since i got 'cut off' from surfing this forum when i am at work, I have only been able to get on here once in a while. I cant believe how things here seemed to have changed, or i guess evolved.

I opened this video and at first was shocked at this mod and thought 'Well, i wouldnt do it, but lots of people have done crazy mods. so to each their own.'

What shocked me more than the mod, was the 5 pages of bashing. I realize he may not be a member here, but with his model of jeep, he could be. People who know me know I am not the 'hold hands and sing campfire songs' type, or the 'lets all get along type' but I know this forum has always been different from other jeep forums, since we have rarely joined the bashing-band wagon. I dont know this guy...never saw any of his videos be for this post. have no connection with this guy or his jeep...i just thought it odd that whole thread was about ripping on someone for trying something outside the box. I realize ( i mean, I HOPE) it wouldnt have been like this if he was a member and posted his mod. I rarerly say anything about peoples actions/comments here and I am not a moderator.I am not here to play the teacher who scolds the class or picking on a kid in the class....Its just an observation after not being here for awhile. I hate to see this forum turn into 'just another jeep forum.' Most people who come here from another forum make the comment about how things are different here.
    I did go do some watching of his videos, and can see what you are all talking about. I was thinking this guys is just pushing the limits......until I saw children crawl out of the swamped rig. I think he put some children at risk while driving in very deep water. I agree he doesnt some dangerous things....So many of the comments may be justified.
    We all have always thought of the commander crowd on here as having a little more class and respect than those general jeep forums. Just a thought.
    All the points people made here, i would agree with. Although I would have liked to see that trek in person where they did attempt to driver a rubicon almost all the way around the world. I bet everyone has a little part of them that would like to see an XK or Wk floating across the water on pontoons (without putting innocent kids at risk)....come on...you can admit it......you would like to see it at least once.
    Last edited by ped4599; 02-19-2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: added some comments after seeing more of his videos
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    This person has a history that I wont get into on another forum. Without knowing who he is yes I can understand your post but if you knew the other things he's done or said to and about people you would understand why people feel the way they do about him. If I did this mod I would expect all the same criticisms just in a more respectful manner.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Ped4599, Thaks for your observation. It is always nice to get a reminder that we try to be above the line in our conduct on this forum.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information