Thread: Tablets? Which one do you have/prefer?

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar

Tablets? Which one do you have/prefer?

I'm sure most people will tend to have Ipads since it's the most popular but give your opinion especially if you have a different Tablet.

I have been following a company for a while now called Archos who makes a huge amount of different types of tablets : http://www.archos.com from Android to windows from 2 or 3 " screens to 10".

They have just brought out their new line of 8" and 10" tablets called the 101 g9 and 80 g9. I ordered one and should have it at the end of this week. I got the 10"($369) cause of it's standard full size usb port(can use portable HDD with it) and upgradable memory. It's full 1080HD, has micro SD card slot, has a built in stand and dual core 1.0ghz processors. Can't wait to try it.

It runs ANDROID so i can use my awesome wii controler app and use my Wii controlers with any of my completely free Roms and emulators from atari to N64 like i do on my droid X(if anyone wants more info on doing this let me know).

Since it just came out the only 10" model they sell at the moment is the 8gb with Micro SD (40gb is the max on this model with the card till larger SD cards come out). However the 8" g9 has been out a while and you can get a 250gb full hard drive in it for just $280. What a steal!

You can still pick up the old 10" model for $269.
    Last edited by superacerc; 11-27-2011 at 11:07 AM.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I don't know to much about the things except stay away from HP if you find one.

I'm deff a apple hater but when searching I couldn't find a tablet I liked or performed better then my ipad2 for the price. I honestly don't regret my decision a bit.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    I have an Archos 605 wifi.it is mostly a movies and music.
    I had an Ipad, I didnt like it. Like the Archos I have, I think it is for
    videos and music and your mobile picture frame.

Then my wife took it and she loves it....
    I am back to my Dell mini

Thread Information