Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conflict of Interest

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Conflict of Interest

I received an e-mail from a member who felt I have a conflict of interest as it relates to being a Moderator on this form as well as a Supporting Vendor. I have tried to be upfront in my postings to ensure that there was no conflict but there may still be some concern and I wnated to have a place for you to discuss the issue if you feel the need.

In order to avoid the appearance of selective moderation I have asked Sal-XK & 07JeepXK to be the primary moderators of the forum (a job they have been doing for a long time anyway). I will NOT be deleating or censoring posts so that there is no fear from members that I would delete negative posts regarding The Steel Armadillo or positive in favor of a competing product (I previously deleted 2 posts between El Cid & I which I thought should be handled between us but have since restored them). Feel free on the forum to comment on any product without fear of censorship.

Those who know me know that my intention in starting this forum was in the right place, starting the business was an afterthought but my desire to build this forum and support my fellow Jeep owners is still a priority, only now I have two ways to do that.

Please feel free to voice any concerns here or directly to the two Moderators.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I for one am excited to see how the forum has grown in the last few months. I am also excited to see all the interest in making parts for the XK and think it's all going in the right direction. I've said it before and I'll say it again I don't see any censorship on this forum. This is by far the most open and unrestricted forum I have ever been on. We can bring any part or business up for discussion on this forum and nobody will delete your thread. I think we do a good job of implementing members requests or ideas they may have as well.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    The other part that I think keeps the moderation in check is a lot of us have communication outside of this forum. If any of the mods overstepped what we thought was reasonable a backlash outside of the forum would occur.

(Not a threat and I don't think there is a problem currently or in the past on THIS forum but we have seen what I'm talking about happen on another forum)

Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    The other part that I think keeps the moderation in check is a lot of us have communication outside of this forum. If any of the mods overstepped what we thought was reasonable a backlash outside of the forum would occur.

(Not a threat and I don't think there is a problem currently or in the past on THIS forum but we have seen what I'm talking about happen on another forum)
    Bring it LMAO joking. I take the job seriously and before I delete or alter anything I ask myself a couple of questions first like is this for the over all good of the forum and its members. This forum is way relaxed in rules and we do a lot of things that would get deleted on the other forums for sure. In fact I can't remember the last time I touched a post other then for spam. I've had some posts deleted but when Don and I start joking around we can get a little carried away. Got to keep it family friendly LOL

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Everybody seems pretty much focused on the helping one another more than anything, but it is always good to take preventative measures.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    The thing I like the most is that even thou we have very few rules, our memebrs post with respect and understand our unwritten rules on code of conduct!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    “A moderator shall act at all times
    in a manner that promotes public confidence in the independence,
    integrity, and impartiality of the forum, and shall
    avoid impropriety and the appearance of impropriety.”

Abraham Lincoln 1845

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    I think the mods are doing an excellent job. I belong to a couple other forums not Jeep related and some of the mods are very nazi-ish when it comes to something they don't like. I have seen none of that here though. I would, however, expect a mod to step in if someone starts getting flamed (not in the haha, joking way) by deleting posts or locking it but again, I have seen none of that going on. I don't mind heated discussions as long as they stay on topic and things stay respectful.

As for the the conflict of interest in owning the domain and being a supporting vendor: I see none. This is a private enterprise and Knappster you have the right to do with it what you want. No one is forced to be a member here and they are free to go elsewhere if they choose. I for one applaud entreprenuership.

This forum is fun and informative and I'm glad I joined. There isn't another forum I have been to where I personally would like to have a beer with and get to know the members. Keep up the good work.

Supporting Vendor Looking for Dirt Bigredmariner's Avatar
    Sounds to me like the person that sent the email is just jealous that he didn't start his own forum and business. You can not please everybody in this deal, you own the forum. Run it like you want and hold your head up high at the end of the day.

I own and sponsor one myself so I feel your pain. Don't change the direction of this place for the 1% that is not happy. Keep up the good work, I'll stop now before I get banned.
    Use Discount Code: JEEP , when ordering and save 10% at www.adamspolishes.com
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    “A moderator shall act at all times
    in a manner that promotes public confidence in the independence,
    integrity, and impartiality of the forum, and shall
    avoid impropriety and the appearance of impropriety.”

Abraham Lincoln 1845
    I have to go look some of these words up so I can understand this LOL.

Seriously though the theme of this place and why I put the work into that I do is because its always been about the good and growth of our hobby. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information