Thread: Conflict of Interest

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty ScorpionCrawler's Avatar
    I have been following along as this thread has developed and I have tried to put myself into the various postions of all parties.
    My first thought has to be how much potential financial impact this has to the owner of the site.
    Sponsorship 1yr $100, 5yr $500, 25yr $1500.

Sponsorship companys that make similar products to SA would be the only ones affected.
    If I was a competing vendor, of the similiar product, I would first be looking at how quick of a return I could get on the sponsorship investment, how much product would be sold from being on this site, and or how much would have to be sold to pay for the sponsorship?
    I don't know the markup on armor or the like so how many sets of rock rails does that equate to?

Next, what would be the ramifications of being a sponsor?
    Would SA bash my product, unjustly?
    I think that threat has been eliminated with the moderators not being SA or knapster.
    Anyone can really bash anything, so that threat will always exist, but the conflict would be if it came from SA.
    So is sponsorship worth the risk of being bashed???? Only the sponsor could make that decision.

For me the bigger sponsor decision would be the return on sponsorship dollars.
    With a few assurances from SA and or the site owner I would make that comittment.
    To me it is clear that this is the BEST site for our platform and would be a great place to be a sponsor.

As far as knapster is concerend what is the sponsorship money really worth to him?
    How many armor companys are really potential sponsors?
    And what is that worth.
    Is the value of other armor companys sponsorship worth more?

I don't know Jon personally other than reading his posts for many yrs at the other site and here and the few pms between us.
    But the way I see it he has a huge passion for Jeep and his XK.
    His comittment to developing the best Jeep formum out there is evident.
    His comittment to developing products for us goes way back to the center console storage compartment lock.
    The sponsorship part of it only adds to aid in making this site the best.
    I haven't witnessed anything from Jon contrary to the good he is doing for the brand, forum wise or product wise.

Jon, having started this discussion also proves his comittment to other sponsors.
    Last edited by ScorpionCrawler; 12-02-2011 at 10:22 AM.

Thread Information