Thread: Conflict of Interest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Here is a copy of the welcome message I've been sending all the new members

Welcome to the ultimate XK/WK forum. Here are some threads to help you get started. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Also you might want to AKA any of your other forum names if you have any as many of us frequent the same forums. This forum is owned by Jon screen name knappster who also recently started the business The Steel Armadillo. You are free to express your opinions on this forum for or against any products or the forum with out fear. Just keep it respectful and constructive while doing it out of respect for all our members and vendors.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    The basic issue is that I want you as members to feel free to praise or condemn ANY product (including The Steel Armadillo) that you feel the need too without fear of repercussion.
    Introduce yourself here
    XK-Parts link Check out the must have listed parts
    How to post a Picture
    How to make a word a Link
    What do all the options and buttons mean
    Putting a Face to a name thread

Sa-XK

The red text and the quote from Jon is what I am proposing we add to that welcome message.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I think a lot of good came out of this discussion.

I will say this..... any vendors who decide to not come on board because Jon is the owner of SA are making a bad decision.

Maybe, due to the uncommon circumstance here, Jon could offer a 3 month "no strings attached" trial to potential vendors. If they don't like the atmosphere or think they're being moderated by SA then they don't stay. But I doubt that'll be the case.

Sal,
    I don't think mentioning that Jon owns SA is necessary in the welcome message. Actually that acts somewhat as an "advertisement" for the business.... I think that our discussions in the other thread have already brought about sufficient changes (subtitles in his sig). From there I'm sure Jon will fine tune his usernames once he decides which way he feels most comfortable with going.

Thread Information