Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Conflict of Interest

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    The only thing jon needs to work on is remembering which username he's logged in under

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    All is good, Basically what I have asked the Mods to do is keep me in check, I will refrain from Moderation in the Vendor section in order to:

“act at all times in a manner that promotes public confidence in the independence, integrity, and impartiality of the forum, and shall avoid impropriety and the appearance of impropriety.”

I will still step in when needed to help hold the forum to the standard that we have grown accustom too. The basic issue is that I want you as members to feel free to praise or condemn ANY product (including The Steel Armadillo) that you feel the need too without fear of repercussion.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    .....in that case....

what's with that S.A. dude? Didn't he promise progress pics of an XK front bumper like 2 weeks ago??? That audacity....

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Lightbulb

I'm still so new to Jeeps, I'm soaking it all in!

Being a moderator on an AR15 board, I can appreciate the struggle between wanting to cut loose, and professionalism - I'm sure that's tougher when you're also a sponsor, although I've seen that managed well elsewhere, too.

I like this board, because of the 6 Jeep forums I joined the first week after buying my Commander , this one is the most responsive, and has the most personable people. Matt saw me on another board and invited me to join, and I haven't been disappointed yet (blame him)!

I also like to spend money where I hang out, so as soon as I get some, I already plan on spending it here (which I realize is a lotta talk, until you ACTUALLY do it, but there you have it...). And other than the crazy guy with no doors on his Commander, I'm thinking no one else here would steer you into something crazy or hazardous - all YOUR rides still have their doors, fenders, & accoutrements relatively intact - a not unimportant consideration to a new board member whose about to mail Payment #2 on his Commander later this week!

I think the strength of this board is in it's low key/low pressure approach to helpfulness. I don't see anyone trying to build "Jeepzilla" here, and y'all have wives you hafta sneak stuff past too (I'm really looking forward to sneaking a 2" lift and 30x9 A/T's past MY wife... to say nothing of custom bumpers, rock rails, winch, and a roof rack ). I ONLY discovered last night in fact, that Knappster and Steel Armadillo are one & the same!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Supporting Vendor Looking for Dirt Steel Armadillo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I ONLY discovered last night in fact, that Knappster and Steel Armadillo are one & the same!
    That makes two of us!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    And other than the crazy guy with no doors on his Commander, I'm thinking no one else here would steer you into something crazy or hazardous - all YOUR rides still have their doors, fenders, & accoutrements relatively intact - a not unimportant consideration to a new board member whose about to mail Payment #2 on his Commander later this week!
    Just point this guy out man I'll take care of him for you. I say we make him walk the plank of shame!

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    (I'm really looking forward to sneaking a 2" lift and 30x9 A/T's past MY wife...
    Step it up to at least 31s (I don't think you need anything extra to make them work)
    My 32s required spacers and pinch weld mod so you may not want to do that

/end

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Ok, I have to come clean.......
    The true quote:
    "A Judge Shall Uphold and Promote the Independence, Integrity, and Impartiality
    of the Judiciary, and shall Avoid Impropriety and the Appearance of Impropriety"
    was from the original American Bar Association cannons of 1924.

I remembered part of this quote and amended it to fit the need of the forum.
    I just changed 2 words, but it really is a good code of conduct.

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    I'm still so new to Jeeps, I'm soaking it all in!

I think the strength of this board is in it's low key/low pressure approach to helpfulness. I don't see anyone trying to build "Jeepzilla" here, and y'all have wives you hafta sneak stuff past too (I'm really looking forward to sneaking a 2" lift and 30x9 A/T's past MY wife... to say nothing of custom bumpers, rock rails, winch, and a roof rack ). I ONLY discovered last night in fact, that Knappster and Steel Armadillo are one & the same!
    I am lucky in that my wife, (Lee) is always pushing me to find new modifications for the Commander. She is the one that talked me into buying the Stacker trailer to carry the Mustang and the Commander with us on trips.

Oh yes, and Jon I would not worry at all about being both a vendor and Moderator. Jon has as much integerity as anyone I know. I trust that he will always do the right thing.
    Last edited by HueyPilotVN; 11-29-2011 at 06:50 PM.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HueyPilotVN View Post
    Oh yes, and Jon I would not worry at all about being both a vendor and Moderator. Jon has as much integerity as anyone I know. I trust that he will always do the right thing.
    Thanks Bill, that is the reputation I want to keep intact!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information