Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: UC Davis Pepper Spray

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I dunno I got lost in your ramblings of paramilitary and florida highway patrol.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    I dunno I got lost in your ramblings of paramilitary and florida highway patrol.
    Well, I did admit I got carried away

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    I don't know about the school president telling them what to do. There was a reason they were called in. At that point they are the ones on the ground in the situation and they need to be the ones that determine the course of action. The president was probably sitting in their cushy office giving orders without real time information coming in. I understand cops have overreacted many times before but I have to believe these officers knew they were possibly in a volatile situation with a hundred cell phone cameras pointed at them and they acted in a way they thought was appropriate.

The issue was never that they were there protesting. It was that they were purposefully blocking the walkway refusing to move. They could have sat the same way on the grass lining the walkway with their arms linked protesting.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Having cameras pointed at you is an even stronger reason to make sure you don't overstep, not a reason to use pepper spray. The cop obviously thought it was appropriate or else he wouldn't have done it, that doesn't mean that it was right though.

I won't argue that it was assault on the cops part, but I'm sure some scumbag lawyer will.. I just think it was an overstepping of bounds which the cop should be punished for but not necessarily criminally. I guess he has been put on admin leave (more than likely paid) and will return to duty after this all blows over.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJD8pZiRIzs

Watch this, Adam Carolla could not have said it better IMO. I foresee this generation (my generation) as a bunch of *******.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJD8pZiRIzs

Watch this, Adam Carolla could not have said it better IMO. I foresee this generation (my generation) as a bunch of *******.
    LMAO that was awesome and true!

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My thinking is that if you dont want to be pepper sprayed, tazed, and arrested, then dont purposefully put yourself in that situation. On the other hand, if you are trying to get a rise out of everyone and claim police brutality then the more power to you but you deserve what you get. If the cops ask/tell you to leave / disperse and you refuse to then you are trespassing and the police have the right to ticket or arrest. I dont have a problem with the pepper spraying, the cops made that decision based on what they were seeing and feeling at the time. We cant see the whole incident from this one video. If they came in bashing with batons and busting noses then I would think that was a bit extreme. The pepper spray looked to be pretty diluted to me. The constitution gives us the right to assemble and protest peacefully but once you are asked to leave private property then you need to move on. If they really were protesting something they should have stood out on the street corner with signs expressing their feelings not sitting on private property blocking passage of a sidewalk, instigating.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information