• Jon should retain the identity of the individual

1 5.88%

Thread: Who Should Jon Be

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    Forgot to respond to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I to don't understand why someone thought there was a problem and no I don't know who they are or even if there regular members here. From what I've read here so far that one or two people brought this up and wrote a third person to bring it forward and based on the discussion in both threads by the forum members it seems there really isn't a issue here except that the new people did not know who Jon Jon was.
    I'd like to hope that it's just one or two folks, Sal, but at the same time my gut tells me that it's not so simple.

Given the fact that bringing up the issue is taking on the administrative power of the forum and that no one wants to be banned from the Ultimate Jeep Forum -- talk about embarrassment! -- I suspect that the small number of minority voices actually represents a larger sample of silent and shaking opinion.

At least that's how such things usually work.

I'd be happy to be wrong, though.
    Last edited by El Cid; 12-01-2011 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Grammar. :(
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

Supporting Vendor Looking for Dirt Bigredmariner's Avatar
    I would personally stay away from "Forum Deity", heck man I had to go google that. If this was a forum for drinking tea or playing golf that title might work, I still have grease under my nails and that title just baffled me. Just sayin'
    Use Discount Code: JEEP , when ordering and save 10% at www.adamspolishes.com
    [email protected]

Junior Member Looking for Dirt SkidMarx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigredmariner View Post
    I would personally stay away from "Forum Deity", heck man I had to go google that. If this was a forum for drinking tea or playing golf that title might work, I still have grease under my nails and that title just baffled me. Just sayin'
    How about 'Supreme Forum Overlord'.
    '07 3.7L, 255/75-17 BFG MT, 2" Rough Country lift, 1.5" Spidertrax spacers
    My Garage

Supporting Vendor Looking for Dirt Bigredmariner's Avatar
    Owner, Owner/ Admin. Simple works pretty good for most people. The "Overlord" thing is funny though.
    Use Discount Code: JEEP , when ordering and save 10% at www.adamspolishes.com
    [email protected]

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    I started the part of the discussion that brought about thedouble standards comments...i believe...and that is because of Jons question about his name, on the other post. I said something about a forum rule you cant have 2 log in names. If the rule exists, and Jon has 2 log in names, I believe as well it is a double standard. Gerry this was not brought about the bitch about Jon and the forum, i would do that elsewhere.No part of this was an attackkn anyanyone.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Hi Don,

Can we be friends? ...or will my request be denied

Peace, bro.

Gerry
    2007 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Rusty's 2" lift, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, GetLost4x4's front hitch mount for portable winch.GY Duratracs 265/70R17s, Rola Roof Rack.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    LOL... absolutely we are friends, as long as you dont want to hug me.....
    Quote Originally Posted by GPintheMitten View Post
    Hi Don,

Can we be friends? ...or wqeoill my request be denied

Peace, bro.

Gerry

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    LOL... absolutely we are friends, as long as you dont want to hug me.....

LOL
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Forgot to respond to this:

I'd like to hope that it's just one or two folks, Sal, but at the same time my gut tells me that it's not so simple.

Given the fact that bringing up the issue is taking on the administrative power of the forum and that no one wants to be banned from the Ultimate Jeep Forum -- talk about embarrassment! -- I suspect that the small number of minority voices actually represents a larger sample of silent and shaking opinion.

At least that's how such things usually work.

I'd be happy to be wrong, though.
    I would be terribly disappointed in this forum if someone was banned for raising a concern of any kind about this forum and the direction it is or might be headed in. I respect every ones opinion on this forum and feel they are free to express that opinion. I also think that if there are members that have an opinion on this subject that they should post here and let us know so we may discuss it publicly and yes without fear of anything. I wouldn't stand for a member being punished for just expressing his opinion and I know most the other members here would not either. As long as any changes made are for the greater good of our hobby and this forum then I am on board with them. I know all decisions I make and effort I put in I always keep that one saying in mine " is this for the greater good of the forum and our hobby" and if I can't answer yes then I stop doing what ever it is I was doing. I feel Jon does the same thing and I'm guessing after reading these posts again that's not what was in question. I know the saying that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Jon has already agreed to give up his mod duty and seems very open to any suggestions we have to get this straightened out so were on the right track here and also show's why this forum is the best one out there.

Thread Information