• Jon should retain the identity of the Advertiser

5 29.41%
  • Jon should retain the identity of the individual

1 5.88%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Who Should Jon Be

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Huh?
    I thought anyone could delete their own post. That wouldn't be censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    Here is another example of censorship, he deleted his post. Are you going to delete this too?
    2007 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Rusty's 2" lift, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, GetLost4x4's front hitch mount for portable winch.GY Duratracs 265/70R17s, Rola Roof Rack.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GPintheMitten View Post
    Huh?
    I thought anyone could delete their own post. That wouldn't be censorship.
    If you are a moderator and delete a controversial statement to hide something you said, I feel it censorship.
    He did come back and explain what had happened to his post...and the subject was dropped.

Jon began this discussion on another thread because of what may appear to be a conflict of interest.
    This thread was to get feed back on identity. The intent here (this thread) was to discuss the who, not the why
    Last edited by cico7; 12-02-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    ...and I appologize for the statements that I made earlier in the thread. They were a bit harsh.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    ...and I appologize for the statements that I made earlier in the thread. They were a bit harsh.
    ...careful.... Sal might fill this thread full of "huggy smilies" if you keep talking like that

Ok, I forgive you.
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    ...careful.... Sal might fill this thread full of "huggy smilies" if you keep talking like that
    This is true....
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GPintheMitten View Post
    But as you make the claim, I suspect you will be successful in getting your preference about him, that it be one userid because he's not going to want to think of himself as practicing double standards. So congratulations on playing the card that will get your way in this.
    I'm going to let your attacks go, GPintheMitten.

If you cannot see that this discussion was in the best interests of the forum ... if you insist on ignoring my repeated statements that I was never trying to force a decision one way or another but simply wanted clarity about the facts as they stand ... if you insist on making this something personal ...

Well, I'm afraid we're simply talking on completely different CB channels.

Jon, I once again applaud you for maintaining the openness of the forum. I think it will serve us all well as both the Ultimate Jeep Forum and Steel Armadillo grow and expand.
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

This comes under the whatever category:

Yah, well, you "feel" that is could have been censorship. OK, feel it. But I can delete my post and you can delete your post and I wouldn't call it censorship. I think perhaps you are a bit oversensitive to censorship.

And for that matter if you only raised this for discussing the who, not why, why do even bring up your concern that 07 appeared to have deleted one of his posts.

I understand now, that the issue may be mute, but come on, everyone is not out to get everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    If you are a moderator and delete a controversial statement to hide something you said, I feel it censorship.
    He did come back and explain what had happened to his post...and the subject was dropped.

Jon began this discussion on another thread because of what may appear to be a conflict of interest.
    This thread was to get feed back on identity. The intent here (this thread) was to discuss the who, not the why
    2007 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Rusty's 2" lift, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, GetLost4x4's front hitch mount for portable winch.GY Duratracs 265/70R17s, Rola Roof Rack.

I'm not personally against you, but against what you said. I did not like you saying that Jon was practicing a double standard. Without knowing his motivation and not having his explanation, I could understand your claim. But I think the whole connotation about a double standard is a negative one that does not represent Jon fairly. That is why I said what I said to you. The only thing that was doubled in my mind is his count of userids. And as a new forum owner, I can understand him doing that.

I applaud Jon for his openness as well. He has made his decision and I did not read the whole thread when I responded but even if I had, I don't like your statement. Nothing personal, just defending my friend from what I perceived as a negative attack, despite all the other nice stuff you said.

Maybe others didn't like the phrase "double standard" either, I don't know. But obviously, I didn't.

Nope, not personal just strongly felt base on what you yourself said. But if you feel it is personal.....well, you just don't understand my position.

But best wishes for everything in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I'm going to let your attacks go, GPintheMitten.

If you cannot see that this discussion was in the best interests of the forum ... if you insist on ignoring my repeated statements that I was never trying to force a decision one way or another but simply wanted clarity about the facts as they stand ... if you insist on making this something personal ...

Well, I'm afraid we're simply talking on completely different CB channels.

Jon, I once again applaud you for maintaining the openness of the forum. I think it will serve us all well as both the Ultimate Jeep Forum and Steel Armadillo grow and expand.

I started the part of the discussion that brought about thedouble standards comments...i believe...and that is because of Jons question about his name, on the other post. I said something about a forum rule you cant have 2 log in names. If the rule exists, and Jon has 2 log in names, I believe as well it is a double standard. Gerry this was not brought about the bitch about Jon and the forum, i would do that elsewhere.No part of this was an attackkn anyanyone.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information