• Jon should retain the identity of the Advertiser

5 29.41%
  • Jon should retain the identity of the individual

1 5.88%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Who Should Jon Be

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Out of all people you think my comments were offensive?
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    the term offensive is relative, objectionable is a better descriptor. But as you see, i am not the only person who felt you were out of order.
    Here is another example of censorship, he deleted his post. Are you going to delete this too?

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    X2. I have to say that I believe that the whole supposed issue has been blown WAY out of proportion. Everyone just chill and go on with life, its an internet forum for Pete's sake. We all want the same thing in the end, good advice, good friends, and good products, so lets all just make it happen.
    The intent here (this thread) was to discuss the who, not the why. We are here (this thread) only to help Jon find his identity.
    He is lost without our help. We are here for YOU Jon. If there is anything you want to know, just ask.....

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    Here is another example of censorship, he deleted his post. Are you going to delete this too?
    Actually, Im at work and was editing the post right after i wrote what I did and got the blue screen of death on my government computer as I was doing it. When I was able to get the computer up and running again my post was no where to be found. I dont write posts...post them and then delete my comments afterwords. That would make no sense. I have nothing to hide. And further more, why why I delete your recent post?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Actually, Im at work and was editing the post right after i wrote what I did and got the blue screen of death on my government computer as I was doing it. When I was able to get the computer up and running again my post was no where to be found. I dont write posts...post them and then delete my comments afterwords. That would make no sense. I have nothing to hide. And further more, why why I delete your recent post?
    what?
    So this is where my tax dollars are going? Paying people to talk on forums while they are supposed to be working?
    (that was just a little dig, not a serious remark, otherwise, when would Sal get to talk to us?)

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Its funny because im actually getting a lot of work done. lol Just good at multi-tasking. Im not on often while at work but appear to be the only on in the office today?!?!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    Apparently several members were offended by that comment I made. So you shouldn't be agreeing with me.
    Why do I picture you pouting here?

Seriously, I don't think anyone is really "offended" here. In terms of your comments, the point was that at least some of us are concerned about the fact that your reaction, as a Super Moderator, was to belittle the forum members who think this is a valid forum issue.

Whether you agree or not, the simple fact is that some folks -- myself included -- were concerned about the long-term impact of having someone consistently posting across the site under two names. It is a fact that this was confusing many people. It is also a fact that it happens to be in violation of forum rules unless there is one standard for Jon and one for the rest of us. The issue was thus raised because it could adversely affect the long-term health of what has been a growing and vibrant forum (if you don't understand why this is so, I tried to get something similar across in the Conflict of Interest thread).

However, nobody is screaming about the issue that I can see. No one is "whining." No one is kicking sand or threatening to burn the whole place down if they don't get their stapler back. It certainly isn't anything personal. I've yet to see anyone, anywhere on this site, go into "flame war" mode. People (particularly prospective supporting vendors) just want clarity. Getting an answer, in other words, might be more important than what the answer actually is.

I for one am trying to help. I am trying to ensure that this wonderful forum continues to bloom. I think that's what you want, too. That means we're on the same side. Telling me I'm childish and overreacting or that I need to put my head back in the sand, therefore, can only serve to harm what we both want to preserve. How about instead we come together for a communal, constructive solution that is to the betterment of all -- just as Jon has helped to make happen through his laudable and highly constructive decision to take the bull by the horns and make this a public and transparent discussion?

. . .

As Matt suggests, I think the only thing left is to get the final decision of Jon/Knappster/SA/Owner/Admin/Forum Father in light of our collective thoughts. It's his choice in the end, though he has kindly considered our input.

Everyone will then know how he wants to proceed, and forum members (or potential members) can decide how they want to proceed.

So what say you, Jon?
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

I like the way bigredmariner formatted his ID.
    His moniker
    supporting vendor
    and ad at the bottom.
    Would be an easy way to identify both. When you are talking to other vendors, that would be a good time for disclosure.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    That's kind of why I liked the thought of making Knappster the username for the SA Rep.... like El Cid was the username of 4xg's Rep. It retains his "one of the guys" persona as opposed to posting with the SA username.... when the username is the name of a company it seems (to me) to lose that "I'm one of you guys" personality....

Then he'd just need to make an administrator name to answer/respond to "site" issues. I think the benefit here would also help him keep track of "who" he's logged in under. Lol there have been many occasions already where both knappster and SA seemed to be talking to each other in the same thread..... Jon you feeling OK??? lmao!

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    So what's your current thought on this? Going to post primarily under Knappster?
    The decision I have made is that I will post under Knappster with a comment line in my signature that I am the owner of The Steel Armadillo. I will set up an Administrator Account which will be used when the topic being addressed is the operations of the forum and has nothing specifically to do with the Jeep Commander or The Steel Armadillo. Any questions or concerns, feel free to send me a PM.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I should also add that if the forum rules say only one name than that seems to me to settle it -- unless the forum wants to have one set of rules for Steel Armadillo and one set for everyone else. I think that's a double standard, which is exactly what probably should be avoided unless this is going to become the Steel Armadillo forum (a possible option, though one with a lot of ramifications that don't strike me as appealing).
    I think the claim that it is a double standard is a little harsh. That statement ignores his articulated intent as to why he did this. However, he is one of the guys and will always be one of the guys, just like you are and have been for years. You posted on the other forum a lot of news and opinions about 4XGuard without being a sponsor and I think you walked over that line a few times. When 4XGuard became a supporting vendor here, perhaps you should have asked that your userid be retired in lieu of 4XGuard userid so that when you posted as one of the guys, we could all weigh and suspect your motivations everytime you posted.

But as you make the claim, I suspect you will be successful in getting your preference about him, that it be one userid because he's not going to want to think of himself as practicing double standards. So congratulations on playing the card that will get your way in this.

I feel that Jon has explained himself very well and has been very upfront about who he is regardless of which userid he uses. And I don't care that he uses two userids. But if he decides to go to one userid, he should feel free to keep whichever userid he wishes, either Knappster or SteelArmadillo.

Edit to Add: The poll option that I would pick is not available: Jon should do whichever he is most comfortable with.
    Last edited by GPintheMitten; 12-02-2011 at 11:30 AM.
    2007 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Rusty's 2" lift, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, GetLost4x4's front hitch mount for portable winch.GY Duratracs 265/70R17s, Rola Roof Rack.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information