• Jon should retain the identity of the Advertiser

5 29.41%
  • Jon should retain the identity of the individual

1 5.88%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Should Jon Be

Junior Member Looking for Dirt SkidMarx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigredmariner View Post
    I would personally stay away from "Forum Deity", heck man I had to go google that. If this was a forum for drinking tea or playing golf that title might work, I still have grease under my nails and that title just baffled me. Just sayin'
    How about 'Supreme Forum Overlord'.
    '07 3.7L, 255/75-17 BFG MT, 2" Rough Country lift, 1.5" Spidertrax spacers
    My Garage

Supporting Vendor Looking for Dirt Bigredmariner's Avatar
    Owner, Owner/ Admin. Simple works pretty good for most people. The "Overlord" thing is funny though.
    Use Discount Code: JEEP , when ordering and save 10% at www.adamspolishes.com
    [email protected]

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Big Gun
    Top Dawg
    HA, Lord of the Forum!

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I do have one I made way back in the beginning for the fun of it... Commander & Chief
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Forgot to respond to this:

I'd like to hope that it's just one or two folks, Sal, but at the same time my gut tells me that it's not so simple.

Given the fact that bringing up the issue is taking on the administrative power of the forum and that no one wants to be banned from the Ultimate Jeep Forum -- talk about embarrassment! -- I suspect that the small number of minority voices actually represents a larger sample of silent and shaking opinion.

At least that's how such things usually work.

I'd be happy to be wrong, though.
    I would be terribly disappointed in this forum if someone was banned for raising a concern of any kind about this forum and the direction it is or might be headed in. I respect every ones opinion on this forum and feel they are free to express that opinion. I also think that if there are members that have an opinion on this subject that they should post here and let us know so we may discuss it publicly and yes without fear of anything. I wouldn't stand for a member being punished for just expressing his opinion and I know most the other members here would not either. As long as any changes made are for the greater good of our hobby and this forum then I am on board with them. I know all decisions I make and effort I put in I always keep that one saying in mine " is this for the greater good of the forum and our hobby" and if I can't answer yes then I stop doing what ever it is I was doing. I feel Jon does the same thing and I'm guessing after reading these posts again that's not what was in question. I know the saying that power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Jon has already agreed to give up his mod duty and seems very open to any suggestions we have to get this straightened out so were on the right track here and also show's why this forum is the best one out there.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I hate to say it, but who cares! Why is this becoming a big issue? Jon owns this forum and because of his love for Jeeps we all are able to participate and be members on this forum. I don't know about you guys, but I'm honored to be here and honored to be a Super Moderator. If the only reason you are here is to cause problems, then my advice is maybe you should go back to the "other forum". Lets all be adults, stop our whining and just have a good time on a great forum. There are a lot of knowledgeable members here that have put forth a lot of work to make this the Ultimate Jeep Forum.
    X2. I have to say that I believe that the whole supposed issue has been blown WAY out of proportion. Everyone just chill and go on with life, its an internet forum for Pete's sake. We all want the same thing in the end, good advice, good friends, and good products, so lets all just make it happen.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    X2. I have to say that I believe that the whole supposed issue has been blown WAY out of proportion. Everyone just chill and go on with life, its an internet forum for Pete's sake. We all want the same thing in the end, good advice, good friends, and good products, so lets all just make it happen.
    Apparently several members were offended by that comment I made. So you shouldn't be agreeing with me.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Out of all people you think my comments were offensive?
    the term offensive is relative, objectionable is a better descriptor. But as you see, i am not the only person who felt you were out of order.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Apparently several members were offended by that comment I made. So you shouldn't be agreeing with me.
    I offend myself usually, so its ok.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    I do have one I made way back in the beginning for the fun of it... Commander & Chief
    So what's your current thought on this? Going to post primarily under Knappster?

I've noticed that you usually take the advice of the group and add your own final touches on..... so far always resulting in a positive end result. Any twists coming for the multiple personalities formerly known as "Jon" ? Lol

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information