Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
Apparently several members were offended by that comment I made. So you shouldn't be agreeing with me.
Why do I picture you pouting here?

Seriously, I don't think anyone is really "offended" here. In terms of your comments, the point was that at least some of us are concerned about the fact that your reaction, as a Super Moderator, was to belittle the forum members who think this is a valid forum issue.

Whether you agree or not, the simple fact is that some folks -- myself included -- were concerned about the long-term impact of having someone consistently posting across the site under two names. It is a fact that this was confusing many people. It is also a fact that it happens to be in violation of forum rules unless there is one standard for Jon and one for the rest of us. The issue was thus raised because it could adversely affect the long-term health of what has been a growing and vibrant forum (if you don't understand why this is so, I tried to get something similar across in the Conflict of Interest thread).

However, nobody is screaming about the issue that I can see. No one is "whining." No one is kicking sand or threatening to burn the whole place down if they don't get their stapler back. It certainly isn't anything personal. I've yet to see anyone, anywhere on this site, go into "flame war" mode. People (particularly prospective supporting vendors) just want clarity. Getting an answer, in other words, might be more important than what the answer actually is.

I for one am trying to help. I am trying to ensure that this wonderful forum continues to bloom. I think that's what you want, too. That means we're on the same side. Telling me I'm childish and overreacting or that I need to put my head back in the sand, therefore, can only serve to harm what we both want to preserve. How about instead we come together for a communal, constructive solution that is to the betterment of all -- just as Jon has helped to make happen through his laudable and highly constructive decision to take the bull by the horns and make this a public and transparent discussion?

. . .

As Matt suggests, I think the only thing left is to get the final decision of Jon/Knappster/SA/Owner/Admin/Forum Father in light of our collective thoughts. It's his choice in the end, though he has kindly considered our input.

Everyone will then know how he wants to proceed, and forum members (or potential members) can decide how they want to proceed.

So what say you, Jon?