11 64.71%
  • Jon should retain the identity of the Advertiser

5 29.41%
  • Jon should retain the identity of the individual

1 5.88%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Should Jon Be

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I don't think its a double standard if the forum owner retains an "administration name".... as long as its only used to respond to administrative issues.

For example if someone starts a thread in the site issues/comments forum requesting a change, it wouldn't make sense for SA to respond. Or if Jon wants to change something on the forum and wants our input so he starts a poll, the thread should be started by a forum administrator username, not a vendor.

Other vendors don't perform administrative duties, so its a special case.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I don't think its a double standard if the forum owner retains an "administration name".... as long as its only used to respond to administrative issues.

For example if someone starts a thread in the site issues/comments forum requesting a change, it wouldn't make sense for SA to respond. Or if Jon wants to change something on the forum and wants our input so he starts a poll, the thread should be started by a forum administrator username, not a vendor.

Other vendors don't perform administrative duties, so its a special case.
    In that case it should Admin or Administrator and not Knappster in my opinion.

I concur.... he has the power to change that.

Hell, he can even make his vendor name knappster.... like Mikes is El Cid for 4xg. That actually may be the best way for him to retain his "one of the guys" persona....

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    Good points, all.

(It is a side note, Jon and mods, but at some point my membership needs to get changed from Supporting Vendor since I'm no longer 4xGuard in any official capacity; I totally didn't notice that until just now.)
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I simply find it amusing that nobody has voted for Jon to just be himself. HAHAHA !! Sorry, Jon. I voted for the first option myself.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

The more I think about it, the more i think the best would be:

"Knappster" gets changed to "Admin" and sig says "Formerly Knappster".
    "Steel Armadillo" gets changed to "Knappster" and sig says "ninja admin"

..... Ok, maybe we can do without the "ninja admin" part... but for those of us "in the know" it'd be kinda funny

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I must be missing something here because I don't really see what the big deal is here. I don't know what prompted the PM from the other thread or why. I really never saw a issue with Jon having the two names so he could speak on behalf of his business and the forum. I would hope there are no personal reasons driving these latest developments. I also thought the issue was solved with Jon stepping down from taking any mod actions on the forum. We have two supermods and two regular mods now so I would think that is more then enough. I voted for option one because that keeps things the way they are. I am how ever glad these types of discussions can be had on the forum because you all know that a thread like this wouldn't fly anywhere else which is also evidence that things are working just fine. IMO

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I hate to say it, but who cares! Why is this becoming a big issue? Jon owns this forum and because of his love for Jeeps we all are able to participate and be members on this forum. I don't know about you guys, but I'm honored to be here and honored to be a Super Moderator. If the only reason you are here is to cause problems, then my advice is maybe you should go back to the "other forum". Lets all be adults, stop our whining and just have a good time on a great forum. There are a lot of knowledgeable members here that have put forth a lot of work to make this the Ultimate Jeep Forum.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Just to bring this a bit back down to earth..... I don't think there is actually an "issue" or that anyone has a problem.

Its a topic of discussion that came up and Jon wanted to get ideas/suggestions on what to do. Implicating that people are whining or starting trouble and "should go back to the other forum" is a bit rash and not what we're about here.

In other words.... I doubt anyone here would really be up in arms if Jon decided to keep his names as they are....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information