• Jon should retain the identity of the individual

1 5.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Should Jon Be

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Out of all people you think my comments were offensive?
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    the term offensive is relative, objectionable is a better descriptor. But as you see, i am not the only person who felt you were out of order.
    Here is another example of censorship, he deleted his post. Are you going to delete this too?

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Here is another example of censorship, he deleted his post. Are you going to delete this too?
    Actually, Im at work and was editing the post right after i wrote what I did and got the blue screen of death on my government computer as I was doing it. When I was able to get the computer up and running again my post was no where to be found. I dont write posts...post them and then delete my comments afterwords. That would make no sense. I have nothing to hide. And further more, why why I delete your recent post?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Actually, Im at work and was editing the post right after i wrote what I did and got the blue screen of death on my government computer as I was doing it. When I was able to get the computer up and running again my post was no where to be found. I dont write posts...post them and then delete my comments afterwords. That would make no sense. I have nothing to hide. And further more, why why I delete your recent post?
    what?
    So this is where my tax dollars are going? Paying people to talk on forums while they are supposed to be working?
    (that was just a little dig, not a serious remark, otherwise, when would Sal get to talk to us?)

Its funny because im actually getting a lot of work done. lol Just good at multi-tasking. Im not on often while at work but appear to be the only on in the office today?!?!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Huh?
    I thought anyone could delete their own post. That wouldn't be censorship.

2007 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Rusty's 2" lift, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, GetLost4x4's front hitch mount for portable winch.GY Duratracs 265/70R17s, Rola Roof Rack.

Quote Originally Posted by GPintheMitten View Post
    Huh?
    I thought anyone could delete their own post. That wouldn't be censorship.
    If you are a moderator and delete a controversial statement to hide something you said, I feel it censorship.
    He did come back and explain what had happened to his post...and the subject was dropped.

Jon began this discussion on another thread because of what may appear to be a conflict of interest.
    This thread was to get feed back on identity. The intent here (this thread) was to discuss the who, not the why
    Last edited by cico7; 12-02-2011 at 12:47 PM.

...and I appologize for the statements that I made earlier in the thread. They were a bit harsh.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    This comes under the whatever category:

Yah, well, you "feel" that is could have been censorship. OK, feel it. But I can delete my post and you can delete your post and I wouldn't call it censorship. I think perhaps you are a bit oversensitive to censorship.

And for that matter if you only raised this for discussing the who, not why, why do even bring up your concern that 07 appeared to have deleted one of his posts.

I understand now, that the issue may be mute, but come on, everyone is not out to get everyone.

If you are a moderator and delete a controversial statement to hide something you said, I feel it censorship.
    He did come back and explain what had happened to his post...and the subject was dropped.

Jon began this discussion on another thread because of what may appear to be a conflict of interest.
    This thread was to get feed back on identity. The intent here (this thread) was to discuss the who, not the why
    2007 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Rusty's 2" lift, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, GetLost4x4's front hitch mount for portable winch.GY Duratracs 265/70R17s, Rola Roof Rack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information