Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Steel Armadillo Front Bumper

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Its a tough call and you've put a lot of work into this bumper.... I'd hate to see it not sell because of aesthetics. I wish I was closer so I could check it out in person and help brainstorm options. I think the original idea with an access cover has some merit. The cover can be flat for those willing to relocate the solenoid or for those who don't have a winch yet but plan on adding one later.... And a "high clearance" cover can be optional for larger winches or those unwilling to relocate solenoids. Could base the concept off your locking center console.

I think any options to reduce the height of the front face should be considered. You want someone to see that bumper and say "damn I want one of those!!".... right now I don't think it has that effect. Im already planning on buying and am in the process of selling my 4xG. But right now I'd be buying because you have the best winched option available, not because I'm in love with the look.

Since you already have that prototype on yours.... maybe I can test out the "lower profile" prototype that requires solenoid relocation and then you'll have 2 options out there.... see which one sells better and go from there as to whether you should cancel the larger front face in lieu of a high clearance cover

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Its a tough call and you've put a lot of work into this bumper.... I'd hate to see it not sell because of aesthetics. I wish I was closer so I could check it out in person and help brainstorm options. I think the original idea with an access cover has some merit. The cover can be flat for those willing to relocate the solenoid or for those who don't have a winch yet but plan on adding one later.... And a "high clearance" cover can be optional for larger winches or those unwilling to relocate solenoids. Could base the concept off your locking center console.

I think any options to reduce the height of the front face should be considered. You want someone to see that bumper and say "damn I want one of those!!".... right now I don't think it has that effect. Im already planning on buying and am in the process of selling my 4xG. But right now I'd be buying because you have the best winched option available, not because I'm in love with the look.

Since you already have that prototype on yours.... maybe I can test out the "lower profile" prototype that requires solenoid relocation and then you'll have 2 options out there.... see which one sells better and go from there as to whether you should cancel the larger front face in lieu of a high clearance cover
    These are some great suggestions, I will remove the controller and see how short I can make the bumper with a removable cover.

I would be happy to get a low profile on your vehicle and then together we can come up with a controller relocation option.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

I'm definitely up for helping out.... i've actually been looking at solenoid relocation kits that are sold and honestly, they're $50 for a few wires and terminals.... We could definitely put together a better kit and customize it for the XK's to make it much more of a "standard" installation.

I'm also thinking of ideas to either create a cover for the washer fluid reservoir or relocate it.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm also thinking of ideas to either create a cover for the washer fluid reservoir or relocate it.
    Jacob switched out his bottle for a smaller one, I will see where he purchased his and maybe I can come up with a kit as well.
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Jacob switched out his bottle for a smaller one, I will see where he purchased his and maybe I can come up with a kit as well.
    I did?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    i did?
    lol

LMAO.

It's OK... i suck at remembering peoples names (hence my username- makes it easy for everyone!)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I would really like to see a low profile version as well. I like what you have put together but IMOP it is to big.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    I did?
    Well there are so many Commanders in front of my house now I will have to go look again

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

Jon, what's the height of your winch with the solenoid on top? Realized that the winch specs I was posting were the height dimensions of just the motor/cradle.... not with the solenoids.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread Information