View Poll Results: So what do you think will look good?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep it as is?

1 11.11%
  • Remove the molding taking the paint to the next body bend

4 44.44%
  • Keep the molding but bring the paint up to the molding

4 44.44%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help deciding on what to do???????

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    I would try and keep the molding mostly for its protective purposes against people accidentally denting the doors with thier car doors/shopping carts
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    his new sliders will protect from dents against car doors when he puts them on.

I looked in the parts manual and the image of the door panel looks like holes for clips..... so they'll probably have to stay on.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    his new sliders will protect from dents against car doors when he puts them on.

I looked in the parts manual and the image of the door panel looks like holes for clips..... so they'll probably have to stay on.
    Well, one thing is clear for sure I'm not done painting I know I need to go up to the next body line no matter what but, will that look good or continuing to the next body line at the top of the crease look better? I'm thinking the first body line and leaving the crease the body color.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Does the bottom or top of the crease correlate to any other features? Like, if the top of the crease is in line with the top of the bumpers, then that's where id paint to.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Well, one thing is clear for sure I'm not done painting I know I need to go up to the next body line no matter what but, will that look good or continuing to the next body line at the top of the crease look better? I'm thinking the first body line and leaving the crease the body color.
    Just go up to the next body line and it will look awsome. Use painters tape and mask off the molding and then paint right over it. Once the paint dries take the tape off the molding.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Sal,
    Disregard what Neil said and fill'em with bondo.....He is just trying to get you to spend more money than you need to.
    Mix some 5 min epoxy with bondo and stick it in the hole. Use toilet paper to wipe the excess with.
    When it hardens, use light sandpaper until it is smooth and shiney shinny shinney polish it real good.
    It will look great, I promise.
    I'm Joe Isuzu.

I was trying to gets pics for you (other thread) but was not sucessful. I was thinking of the plastic molding above the rockers.
    You already had that covered.....

How about the flex steel stuff that is kinda like the epoxy, would that work? kinda like JB weld.....

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    removing side molding
    Check this out....is this legal for me to post a link to another forum?

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    removing side molding
    Sure why not....
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    removing side molding
    Thanks for the link and you know it's ok to post threads to other forums here SILLY

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho787 View Post
    I would try and keep the molding mostly for its protective purposes against people accidentally denting the doors with thier car doors/shopping carts
    Sliders NOTwithstanding, THIS! Think about pickups, where the lower part of THEIR door would be ABOVE the slider!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information