Hmmm, I might consider cutting mine.

Oh wait! I already did!!!

Depending on the design, the purchaser really only needs to make two cuts with a sawzall or angle grinder. Here is the wimpy stock crossmember:

And the winch cradle I made to take it's place:

As the purchaser after the stock crossmember is cut out, you only have to bolt in the cradle/bumper using the tow hook holes plus drilling additional holes for added strength. So when you go to do the instal all you would need is a cutting tool (sawzall, angle grinder, cut off wheel, heck even a hack saw ) and a drill.

Once installed with the factory bumper (I know you are not using the factory bumper but making a steel high clearance one). This will help show the profile:

I am not trying to hijack! I just wanted to share some info and pics for those who have not already seen it. If you are buying a kit from a company, then it will be a fairly straight forward instal. They will have already done all the hard work for you and now you just have to make a couple of cut, drill a few holes, and bolt in your new steel high clearance winch bumper!

I have been running this setup since June with zero issues. Those who know me know that I do some pretty good wheeling and really flex this thing out. I have not had any issues with twisting or tweaking the frame. In fact I noticed better handling and a firmer steering after the instal which I assume is do to swapping the stock crossmember out for a 1/4" steel cradle!