Well, in another thread I wrote about what I perceive as a droning noise coming from the front when under load. On my way home today I thought maybe it would be worthwhile to check the trans fluid level, just to be sure. I just recently did my 90k service, so there is fresh fluid in the diffs and transfer case. While down under there, I had a look at the trans, and there were no leaks. At the 60k service I dropped the trans pan, replaced both filters and filled with as much fluid as the dealership recommended. I don't recall now if at the time I checked the fill while it was cold or after it was hot.

So upon your recommendation, Matt, I filled at first with 3/4 qt. and took the Jeep for a little 15 minute drive to get up to operating temps. (Holy crap, its 22*F outside right now!) When I returned and checked, the fluid was up to the center of the cold marks. I added another 3/4 qt for a total of 1.5 qt. I'll check the fluid again when I get home from work tomorrow.

Quite honestly, I haven't been having any issues with the trans or shifting at all. I'd also prefer not to, which is why I'm asking for some input.

Thanks, Matt. I'll follow up tomorrow.