Thread: How To: Install 4xG Matrix

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty

How To: Install 4xG Matrix

This is my first real attempt at doing a write-up. So, If I'm forgotten anything, or if there is a question area let me know - I'll try and suppliment with pictures and fill it in over the next couple days.

If you do NOT have the stock tow hooks that came with the Jeep you'll need to get the mounting brackets. These brackets do NOT come with the nuts please acquire the nuts. Autozone, Pepboys, O'reily's (my favorite), should have the ability to test the thread pitch.

You'll also HAVE to remove the grill and bumper. So i'm including this in my write-up.

First go ahead and pop the hood

There are rivets holding the grill in place. I used a flat-head screw driver to pop these out. In my picture I already removed them, lol... But for those who don't know what they look like, I'll update one of these pictures to show these rivets in place. I'll also tell ya how many are there so you'll know when you've got them all.

Store these rivets in a safe location - I put all of my rivets in the driver-side cupholder.
    Once all of these rivets have been removed, it is ok to remove the grill - Set it out of the way

Next we'll need to start removing the bumper
    If you check the top edges of the bumper there is a little screw in both of these edges. Remove these screws. Place them in a safe location where they won't be trampled or lost. (I put them in the passenger side cup-holder)

Driver side (view taken as if look UP at the bolt)

Be sure to unplug your fog lights (for those who have them). These twist out just like your head lights. Might require a little force, but use your discretion. Thanks CmmdrDan for this insight.
    Last edited by AJeepZJ; 12-15-2011 at 06:31 AM.

Thread Information