Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking at these Rims

Looking at these Rims

so here is the situation...I have my lift on
    I know what tires I want already (285/70/17 BFG AT KOs)
    I am stuck on rims...First i wanted the Pro Comp 7105s but those are on backorder, then I was looking at the AEV Pintlers in Argent but theyre such a hassle to order, so now im contemplating between two rims and would really appreciate your help.

The LEVEL 8 17X9 5-127 0MBL
    Name:  level8strike5.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  23.5 KB
    and the MB 17X8.5 5-127 -6MTB
    Name:  mb.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  22.1 KB

I wasn't looking at the MB wheels at first but the other day i went to test fit the 285s and make sure it'd fit properly...when i did the agent helping me said he had one wheel that would fit the 5x5 and it was the MB. i was indifferent about that wheel at the time because i just wanted to make sure the tire would fit but when he put in on my WK I almost fell in love
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0086.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	1063
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0089.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	1064

MB wheels 110 each
    Level 8 140 each

I don't really like the all black look on the WK especially cuz my trim is chrome i love the black wheel with silver lip look but i thought that MBwheel+BFG AT looked good i cant decipher between the two, Im sure if I'd see the LEVEL 8 on I would love that one too but I'm so confused

oh and btw i like the -6 offset look

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    My wheels are a mix of the two you're looking at!

But between the two, I like the first ones with the machined lip that helps break up the tire/rim interface.

Quote Originally Posted by WK_Nuisance View Post

oh and btw i like the -6 offset look
    FYI, both those wheels will stick out the exact same amount. The -6 offset is accounted for by the extra width of the other wheel.

You can't compare how wheels look based on offset unless they're the same width.

oh alright...yeah im still trying to comprehend the whole backspacing and offset deal...i somewhat understand it

thanks for the opinion. Yeah im liking the LEVEL 8s too but i really couldnt argue with the way the MBs looked

the gf is gonna help me figure it out

thanks for the help Matt

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Both look good, partial to the all black ones
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Ever think of the MT Classic Lock? The outer ring is replaceable and comes in a bunch of different colors....

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    is that a true beadlock?
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

No... they do have a true beadlock series. However, the outer ring acts as a rock guard. When they get chewed up from rocks you can just replace them. I wanted these wheels in the worst way but the XK is almost impossible to fit larger tires on with a wheel that width/backspace

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Ever think of the MT Classic Lock? The outer ring is replaceable and comes in a bunch of different colors....

they do have a true beadlock series. However, the outer ring acts as a rock guard. When they get chewed up from rocks you can just replace them. I wanted these wheels in the worst way but the XK is almost impossible to fit larger tires on with a wheel that width/backspace
    I wanted these same rims!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

aw man those look good...but thats more of a true offroader look
    this is my DD and WW so i cant make it TOO OFFROAD
    those are really nice rims but im trying to go for more of a clean look but at the same time aggressive, if that makes any sense

you know what, now that i think of it...im gonna look into these lol

thanks for the input guys

Im looking at these wheels, idk if my jeep would look good with these and if i got these i would get the red lock ring to match my red/black tone
    Last edited by WK_Nuisance; 12-17-2011 at 10:54 AM. Reason: saw the MT site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information