I installed my illuminated smittybilt clinometer. I decided to mount it on the flat part of the dash directly above the radio. Since it is lighted I wanted it to come on with my dash lights. I used my light probe to sniff around behind the dash for a wire carring the dash light power to the heater controls. Once I found that I just tapped into it. Then I just grounded the other end to a screw on the radio. I had to drill three holes, first I screwed the bracket to the dash then I drilled threw the bracket and the dash for the wires to go threw. I also drilled threw some plastic under the dash for my wire route.

First you need to take the dash off and then the trim around the shift knob then the plastic around the shift knob so you can pull out the heat and ac control part of the dash.

This is the wire I tapped into for the power.My supplies are running low so I just used what I had.

As you can see the wire comes threw the dash then threw the plastic below that. Then just route the wire to where it needs to go.

The finished product! It looks real good real clean like it came with it. I really really like this thing and had a blast with it on the trails. I pretty much giggle every time I kick the lights on and this thing lights up.