Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rear Storage Area

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I'm not sure yet, but I think a center support of some type might still be needed, or a piece of steel across the plastic cover to make sure it doesn't snap in the middle.

Also I plan to add some velcro to the top of the brackets and the plastic cover so that it doesn't move while bouncing down the trail.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I was going to see if I could just modify the existing base to retain some support and the attachment method. But $5 worth of L-channel and double sided velcro would work as well..

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    wow that is really cool. I have my straps and a roadside kit smashed into the space, but this is a lot better. It is going to be a good little project over the holiday vacation. That and fixing the stupid water leak.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Hows about a thread for those who have built storage areas in the back.
    That way others can see the different ways we have increased or improved storage.

Good idea! I know ill be firing up my kerosene heater next Monday and getting to work. May make an outline out of 1x3s to keep stuff from rolling too far forward and out of reach.... could probably even make the cover stanchions like that as well with a support in the middle.... add a 1/8" plywood base and some strap hooks and...... damnit I have some ideas (must- stop- thinking)

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Lightbulb

Would love to see some sort of "firearms storage doohickey" installed in a Commander. For those of us who like to travel more discreetly to the range, than having giant bags/cases laying atop folded down seats, that would be a welcome addition!

As regards "ye olde truck gun," storage was EASY in my old Dodge Ramcharger. You could store a long gun and mags under the rear bench seat, with NO mods & room to spare!!! Would LOVE to be able to do that with my Commander.
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I'll make a new thread when I get home and lay it out like the other threads we been making with the name and link all in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Created rear storage thread HERE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information