Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: c1417 - Front Differential Control Circuit Low

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    lol you're wheeling an XK dude... pricey & complicated is part of the beast. The addition of the ELSD's adds a bit, sure... but compared to the already "complicated and pricey QT-II XK", its indifferent especially considering the probability of failure. If the ELD's were blowing up every other trip, then yeah. But you're just as likely to blow apart your spider gears as a QDII owner is to burn up the clutch packs.

The carriers aren't a weak point so its really a non-issue IMO. And regardless, so the playing field will be even when you put an aftermarket selectable locker in the QT-II diff.... so whats the difference then

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    lol you're wheeling an XK dude... pricey & complicated is part of the beast. The addition of the ELSD's adds a bit, sure... but compared to the already "complicated and pricey QT-II XK", its indifferent especially considering the probability of failure. If the ELD's were blowing up every other trip, then yeah. But you're just as likely to blow apart your spider gears as a QDII owner is to burn up the clutch packs.

The carriers aren't a weak point so its really a non-issue IMO. And regardless, so the playing field will be even when you put an aftermarket selectable locker in the QT-II diff.... so whats the difference then

Not much difference I'm just cranky and feel like arguing LOL I spent 9hrs today at the VA just to get on prescription filled. You can't make crap like this up bro

I kinda figured you were in a ball-busting mode lol

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Yea at this point I doubt it has anything to do QD2, and unlikely that c1417 was the even remotely close to the actual issue. I guess time will tell though..

Watch it be something stupid like a corroded ground wire on the engine block or something that's just enough to reak havoc on the FCM...

They heard back from the STAR engineer and I guess they are going to start doing some CAN-BUS tracing. This I guess requires a lot of interior removal, so they aren't going to start it until Tue, since I need my Jeep to go pickup my XJ from Matts and I have contractors coming to what should be our new house on Tue morning for quotes... so the dealership is working with me constantly picking up and dropping off the XK to keep in a vehicle when I need one. I already burned through my 5 days of rental included in my extended warranty, and the dealership doesn't have any loaners...

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    That sucks man, hopefully they get a handle on it Id be pissed that they cant diagnose whats going on and being under extended warranty they should do something for you on a ride. My dad is a fixed-ops service manager happens to be next to me now and says you should be taken care of regardless of having loaners.. Still shocking they cant determine whats causing the issue
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Sounds like you bought that XJ just in time...

It's a carmax extended warranty not a jeep warranty.

Only problem with the XJ is I can't register it yet since I'm not a resident.. We're "living" in Maryland, so until we close on the house (should be Sept 28) I can't even drive the XJ...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread Information