Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dewalt Goodies

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar

Dewalt Goodies

I just ordered some Dewalt goodies from Amazon, seemed like a good price so I jumped on it, figured if anyone is the market they might want to check it out.
    http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCK655X...5037833&sr=8-1
    6 tools, 2 batteries, under $500..

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Wow that's an insane price!! That's the same kit i have... pretty sure when i bought it (about 3 years ago) it was around $680.

FYI, I would highly recommend adding this to the arsenal

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-Bare-To...5038800&sr=1-1

It comes with DC825 18-volt impact driver with 1,330 inch-pounds of maximum torque how is the one you linked different?

That's a tiny impact driver... 1330 inch pounds = 110 ft-lbs. This is great for tiny bolts, like 3/8" max..... this will not be taking off lug nuts. This mini-driver is great when working on my bicycle.

The one i linked is a heavy duty, 300 ft-lb 1/2" impact driver that's on par with a lot of air powered impacts. This is built for real "impact" work, like automobiles.

Shh.. don't tell my wife that, I might have to buy it later.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That's a tiny impact driver... 1330 inch pounds = 110 ft-lbs. This is great for tiny bolts, like 3/8" max..... this will not be taking off lug nuts. This mini-driver is great when working on my bicycle.

The one i linked is a heavy duty, 300 ft-lb 1/2" impact driver that's on par with a lot of air powered impacts. This is built for real "impact" work, like automobiles.
    I am sure it would work fine to remove lug nuts since 90ft-lb is the spec! Not saying the 300ft-lb wouldn't be handy
    [05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

Quote Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
    I am sure it would work fine to remove lug nuts since 90ft-lb is the spec! Not saying the 300ft-lb wouldn't be handy
    It's not... i have it.

When you properly torque the lug nuts to 90 ft-lb you need over 100 ft-lb to remove them due to the difference in static vs kinetic friction.

That impact driver is 110 ft-lb "max"... If you want to use it to remove lug nuts, you'll need to break the torque yourself first with a lug wrench. After that it does a great job of removing them.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    It's not... i have it.

When you properly torque the lug nuts to 90 ft-lb you need over 100 ft-lb to remove them due to the difference in static vs kinetic friction.

That impact driver is 110 ft-lb "max"... If you want to use it to remove lug nuts, you'll need to break the torque yourself first with a lug wrench. After that it does a great job of removing them.
    Yup I have to break mine loose first with that impact. I also measured the lugs after using the impact to put them back on at they were torqued to 50 ft-LB which I thought was pretty good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information