Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi-Lift & 4xG sliders?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HueyPilotVN View Post
    I think that there is an attachment for the Hi Lift jack so that it can be used on bumpers.
    For steel bumpers, yes. They wont work on stock XK bumpers.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Jon, I actually have an idea for a hi-lift adapter for your sliders that would make the process fool-proof and as safe as it gets (it would completely eliminate the possibility of the jack slipping off the slider. )
    I'm interested.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    Yes. It is a problem. I kick the base in about 6" and throw a rag over the top of the I beam before starting to lift now.
    Last edited by TrialByFire; 12-29-2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: spelling
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    I'm interested.
    I'll shoot you a PM later tonight.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I had this happen on an old car changing a tire when all the cars came with these types of jacks in them LOL. Sorry to hear that about the 4xG sliders that's a lot of money spent to have them not work as advertised The SA sliders stick out a lot further then the 4xG so if you had a strap or a chain you could wrap around the tubed part you could lift there I guess. I won't be getting a that type of jack though I'd rather put my floor jack in the back of the XK instead LOL

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I won't be getting a that type of jack though I'd rather put my floor jack in the back of the XK instead LOL
    Or you can buy a Co2 bottle jack like I have
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    That's why I have things like this

That coupled with a rag and we are in buisness Hi-Lifts are dangerous tools, but in am emergency they are cheap insurance. I picked mine up years ago for $30 and I just snagged one for my dad yesterday for $20! I would love to have a BajaJack, but those thinks are pricey. It is hard for me to justify spending that much money when I have something that works when/if I ever need it.

On another note, they do make an adapter for the Hi-Lift to be used with a tube bumper or rockers like with the new Steel Armidilos rails.
    [05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    [05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Having had many 4x4's and Hi-Lifts over the years, I can say the only way they're worth having is to have matching sockets on the rig. (And a modified jack stinger) That way, it's held from flipping. That's limiting though because you're stuck with wherever you fabricated a socket, and for me, an X-Jack or floor jack works the best. I also pack a floor jack under the cargo floor. (where the 3rd row seat was)

Another use is as a winch of sorts. But, you need the correct length of cable or strap for that to work. They'll also move rocks and logs if you get a chain attachment. So... bring one along, but just use something else to SAFELY lift your XK.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

I agree.... I've come to the same conclusion after years of offroading.

The difference here is that one of the selling points of the 4xG sliders was supposed to be hi-lift jacking points. I had assumed that these were designed/tested given the quality of 4xG products to date.

Being that the jack is now merely an emergency tool and/or off-road winching tool, ill just be throwing it in the back with the other tools. I was hoping it would replace/supplement my scissor jack in a pinch (and be much easier to access for a tire change on a roadtrip when I have the back full of kids stuff)... but that's not going to happen.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information