Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Lift & 4xG sliders?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    ...keep in mind that some of us still use our 3rd row seats and haven't converted that entire area into cargo space. So we all don't have the option of carrying around a few different jacks, especially with the limited cargo space available (that's speaking from a perspective of a guy who has to pack stuff for 2 kids.... strollers/toys/pack&play/etc.... space fills up quick back there)

Unlike my pickup truck.... I carried around a full sized 3-ton floor jack in there.

I am about due for a new shop jack. Maybe ill invest in one of the aluminum ones this time which'll make it easier to carry around and hold in place for off-road trips.
    Last edited by Matt; 12-30-2011 at 05:18 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I also use my 3rd row, and have one car seat now, but in June there will be 2 car seats. So with the limited space I am forced to use what can be attached to the rack on top.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Same here... added my "2nd car seat mod" least June.

The kids wont be coming with me to RC in January so ill be taking the car seats out for that trip.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Car seats are not eligible as a "mod".
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Same here... added my "2nd car seat mod" least June.

The kids wont be coming with me to RC in January so ill be taking the car seats out for that trip.

Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    Car seats are not eligible as a "mod".
    I beg to differ.... I've securely fastened a 30 pack via the 5 point harness.

But back on topic.... I have two friends building up wranglers so I'm just going to sell the jack to one of them since as of now, I basically have an annoyingly bulky and expensive comealong. And since I already have a 5-ton comealong (that I confiscated from pops because he never uses it lol) the hi-lift is practically useless to me now.... so I'm going to look at other options (short of selling my sliders to get the SA version).

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    so I'm going to look at other options (short of selling my sliders to get the SA version).
    Oh, come on......
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Oh, come on......
    Hey now.... no kicking while I'm down!

Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    I guess I have just been taught from the beginning that a Hi-Lift is an unessential tool to have, but is not always your primary mode of lifting. It will work great on some rigs and is not even usable on others, but is dangerous no matter what. It is a jack (pun intended ) of all trades and a master of none! For tire changes I still carry my OEM jack along with a block of wood.
    [05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

For sure... hi-lifts can be very dangerous if not used properly. Extra precautions are also necessary, hell you even have to watch where you stand while using it because the handle can knock you out.

I'm a big advocate of "use your tools before you need them". Anyone who buys a hi-lift and doesn't play with it on level ground first is really asking for trouble.

..... and like I said in my first post, that second attempt was definitely against my better judgement. I was questioning myself though because I thought that this must have been tested successfully before. I thought wrong...

UNLESS............. sal, where's that thread on removing the doors?????

Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    Ya I guess I have never seen anyone use one on an XK until now, only on WKs. Congrats on being the first
    [05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information