I have seen many threads on 'this rack' versus 'that rack' and finally purchased a used rack last year (a Yakima Megawarrior with extension that I got a great deal on).

So what I would love to know from other members is - how do you attach gear to your racks? I know hi-lifts and shovels and other common things have specialty attachments. I have seen those. Does anyone have a better way to do it? A cheaper way?

What type of containers are you putting on your racks? Are you attaching boxes in some cool way other than ratcheting straps? Have you found a particular layout is better for gas mileage, wind noise, or just general being able to pack it?

For example, I found that with my cooler, if I load my cooler so the lid opens to one side of the jeep or the other, I can strap it down to the rack good and tight. I can then use a bungee over the top to hold the lid closed because there is very little force required to just keep it closed. This makes it easy to take out lunch buy just undoing the bungee, instead of taking the time to unstrap and restrap the cooler.

I am sure other must have even better tricks/ideas to share.