Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Front & Rear Sway Bar Disconnect Options

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

Front & Rear Sway Bar Disconnect Options

Just realized we don't have a thread here discussing the disconnect options for our rigs. We talk about the benefits, when to disconnect, etc... but for those looking for "where to buy", especially for the rear, the information is hidden in other threads.

So for you guys that have disconnects; post up which ones you have and any reviews.

Front:
    JBA: http://jeepinbyal.com/prod-Front_Swa...nnect-737.aspx

Rear:
    JKS part #2001 (although not listed for the XK/WK, a few guys here use them): http://www.quadratec.com/products/16160_03.htm

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    For the rear the dewalt impact is what I use can't see it getting much easier then that really Matt that's what you use to correct?

That is what I use as well. But when my rear links need to be replaced I may consider the JKS ones if they're longer than the stock links.

Two other things to consider are that not everyone has cordless tools to take the stock links off and depending on the lift & tire combo it may also be difficult to get that cordless tool in there. We both have the added lift in the rear from the shocks which, at least on mine, gives me a straight shot to the swaybar bolt.
    Last edited by Matt; 01-02-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Rusty's part number for the JKS disconnects is PN 2034.

This is what I have for the front
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    FYI, the rear JKS discos did adjust enough for use with my 4" SuperLift.
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Quote Originally Posted by criket View Post
    Rusty's part number for the JKS disconnects is PN 2034.
    This is what I have for the front
    There's a set of JKS discos that work for the front of our vehicles? Have any pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by TrialByFire View Post
    FYI, the rear JKS discos did adjust enough for use with my 4" SuperLift.
    Good to know!!

Here is the only install picture I have. I LOVE my front discos.

Here it is flexed.

SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Very cool. How hard is it to get them off/on and do you get any noise from them? The JBA version come with that clamp that's supposed to compress the bushing; i believe that was needed because our vehicles had a lot of issues with noise if there wasn't about preload..

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Very cool. How hard is it to get them off/on and do you get any noise from them? The JBA version come with that clamp that's supposed to compress the bushing; i believe that was needed because our vehicles had a lot of issues with noise if there wasn't about preload..
    Yes there was some noise b/c there is a small amount of space between the pin and the A arm plate/sway bar. No preload=slight clunking noise.

It is very easy to get them off. Of course, all you do is pull the pin and slide the link off of the stud. I grease the studs every so often to help with sliding them on and off. It helps a lot to be on level ground (i.e. parking lot).

But I have been running with only 1 link connected for over 7 months now. The other link is off and inside the jeep, lol. I like this a lot better, it rides better, less clunk (not sure if that was the problem in the first place) and when I go offroading, I just air down and go. No more crawling under it pulling off the discos.

Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar
    I have the jba discos. They came with a washer to get rid of that gap. There's no noise but need a tool to take them on and off. I ended up notching a groove in the easher for the pins. This made it easy to take on and off and still being able to get rid of the noise.

Jba also made rear links. Not discos. And i think he was thinking about making a rear link extender that just bolts on the stock rear link to cut the cost
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information