Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Appalachian Trail

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    After highschool I did a 3 day backpacking trip on the AT... that was a good time. Never had the time to go back and do another trip like that though, just a few overnighters

Senior Member Getting Dirty sean112280's Avatar
    To thru hike the AT is one of my goals as well. Now that I'm on the wrong coast that will have to wait... Lol. I have done some of the NJ/PA part of the trail mostly like 4 day trips. It's always a good time.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    After highschool I did a 3 day backpacking trip on the AT... that was a good time. Never had the time to go back and do another trip like that though, just a few overnighters
    When your kids get older you'll get to do that stuff again teach them along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by sean112280 View Post
    To thru hike the AT is one of my goals as well. Now that I'm on the wrong coast that will have to wait... Lol. I have done some of the NJ/PA part of the trail mostly like 4 day trips. It's always a good time.
    You have some pretty spectacular trails in your area.

Yea that's what I hear. I want to go up to the mountain. Haven't been up there yet. It's only like 30 mins away

Your elevations and weather out there can be dangerous so keep that in mind.

Rgr that. When are you guys planning your trip for?

Quote Originally Posted by sean112280 View Post
    Rgr that. When are you guys planning your trip for?
    She's in school till may so after that weather dependent. I won't go till at least the overnight lows are consistently in the 50's or higher I dont like being col LOL

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    Hope it all goes well. Some guys I work with have wanted to try a trip like that for a few years but haven't found time we can all go. I assume if your daughter is in high school and fairly athletic she will have no problems falling right in line. Don't for get to pack a small camera to capture the memories, and post up your training progress report here for the all of us in the cheering section.
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    I can't think of a better couple of guys to have along on a trip like that then Ped and his brother. During this past Camp Commander in Colorado my grandkids rode along with them on a trail one day and white water rafting on another day. They are big guys but more important they are very responsible and I felt very safe having them with the grandkids. Here is a picture of them on the river rafting day.

The Pederson brothers are in the front and my grandkids are in the rear.

2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Deffidently going to take tons of pictures! The first hike I took her on was short she had a 20lb pack on an we hit a hilly sandy trail at bragg. We kept it short because I fell right into my grove which was almost a run for her force of habit hitting that trail I normally take my guys on LOL I explained to her she needed to speak up about the pace we take we had plenty of time to get her up to speed and it wasn't a race. I'll pay more attention to speed on the next one.
    Last edited by Sal-XK; 01-04-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information