Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody heard of ASFIR skidplates?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    You'll see the belly guard on Jon's jeep when you're underneath it. It covers the cats completely and its a cheaper alternative to trying to relocate the cats. There also in that magic spot that all of us seem to hit all the time.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    There's also not a lot of room under the XK to move stuff around.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    There's also not a lot of room under the XK to move stuff around.
    Is there a reason the cats are located where they are? Or can they be moved further down the line? If you get a aftermarket muffler the room cleared up in that space is huge. Just wondering if there is a reason cats are always so close to the engine.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Is there a reason the cats are located where they are? Or can they be moved further down the line? If you get a aftermarket muffler the room cleared up in that space is huge. Just wondering if there is a reason cats are always so close to the engine.
    The cats won't work if they're too far away from the engine; they need to reach a certain temperature to serve their purpose. Downstream the exhaust will be too cold and they won't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    The cats won't work if they're too far away from the engine; they need to reach a certain temperature to serve their purpose. Downstream the exhaust will be too cold and they won't do anything.
    Gotcha thanks learn something new everyday

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    I will look at Jon's rig tomorrow and see if there is an easy fix.

Thanks for the info!

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I spent several hours with Armando at ASFIR today and as soon as my daughter gives me my camera patch cord I will share some photos and my opinion on these products.

Stay tuned.....
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    I spent several hours with Armando at ASFIR today and as soon as my daughter gives me my camera patch cord I will share some photos and my opinion on these products.

Stay tuned.....
    Get control of your kids man J\K You can't remove the SD card from your camera? I can't remember the last time I used a cord to plug my camera into the computer.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    As Jon said we spent some time today playing with the Commander and all of your concerns are clear as day now.

I am going to request some changes in the products we offer and see if there is something we can do to help cover the cats and add some beef to the rear crossmember. Jon's was abused real good!

Also, we set Jon up as a dealer so please contact him for pricing, I am sure we will get his website updated soon enough.

Thanks to all of you!

Armando

BTW: I will be needing a GC to do some test fitting on rea soon. Can't do a freebie on those, but will make it a sweet deal for your time if you want to buy some skids.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Get control of your kids man J\K You can't remove the SD card from your camera? I can't remember the last time I used a cord to plug my camera into the computer.
    I forgot I can take the card out and that I have a card reader... Must be an age thing!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information