Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coming Up On 100K Miles - Service Help??

Senior Member Getting Dirty ItsMeKO3's Avatar

Coming Up On 100K Miles - Service Help??

So I'm about 1K miles away from hitting 100K miles. I bought my Jeep with 90K last March, and haven't really done anything mechanically except oil changes. It was bought new in 2005 by an older gentleman, and then owned by his sister, before being traded back in at the same dealership it was bought from (shop where I bought it). All I know is the service has always been done at this dealer, and from what I was told, it was well taken care of. I'm just curious what should be done, as far as plugs, fluids, etc., as I come up on 100K. I'm not very mechanically inclined, and live in an apartment with limited tools, so its hard for me to do much especially in the middle of winter. So I'll probably have my brother in law have the mechanics at his shop do most of the work when it goes in for an oil change in a few hundred miles. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
    2005 WK - MY GARAGE

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    if you bought it at 90k, you probably need to do everything that was due then (not many people do a major service before selling).

90k would be:
    Spark plugs
    both differentials
    Tcase oil
    PCV valve

I'd have the mechanic check pull a plug, if its old then do everything listed above plus your normal oil change. I would also recommend a coolant flush.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Is there any way you can contact the dealer you purchased the Jeep from and find out if the transmission has been serviced. If not it would be a good time to do that.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Alright thanks guys. I'm going to plan on having all of the above done when it goes in for the next oil change.
    2005 WK - MY GARAGE

Member Looking for Dirt naidib04's Avatar
    Taking the Jeep in tomorrow to have the sway bar links replaced for free. Might see if they can sneak in a swap of the spark plugs too. I luckily have a hook up at a local Jeep dealer. Also, talked with the guys from aFe and they are sending a replacement part for my reducer coupler at no cost.
    2006 WK Limited - Hemi, QDII, OME HD with MLL, 265/70R17 Firestone Destination MT, Gutter Guard Grill, Cobra CB with 3' whip, Custom 3'' exhaust, aFe CAI with Pre-filter, Low Profile Driving Lights, Saguaro 4xC CB mount, Rear Hitch Recovery with 3/4 D-Ring Shackle, Front Tow Hooks, Superchips Flashpaq 3875, Shorty Antenna, Rola Roof Rack, Rusty's Adj. Rear Track Bar

Nice man. The dealer said it be about 600$ for all of the things Matt listed above, plus a new air filter and coolant flush. So I decided I'm going to do some of it myself. Air filter and plugs for sure, I'm not sure how much of the fluid changes I'll be able to do.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2005 WK - MY GARAGE

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    You can definitely handle the differentials and tcase fluid changes.... especially the front diff and tcase since they're just "drain & fill"

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeKO3 View Post
    Nice man. The dealer said it be about 600$ for all of the things Matt listed above, plus a new air filter and coolant flush. So I decided I'm going to do some of it myself. Air filter and plugs for sure, I'm not sure how much of the fluid changes I'll be able to do.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Wow bro we can walk you threw doing your own fluid changes man. It's really not that hard.

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Coolant isn't bad either right? Just drain, fill, run, fill, run, fill?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CmmdrDan View Post
    Coolant isn't bad either right? Just drain, fill, run, fill, run, fill?
    nope that will give you air in the system.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information