Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ARB (Bushranger) X-Jack

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

ARB (Bushranger) X-Jack

Well, after my bad experience with the hi-lift and 4xG sliders i decided to quit screwing around and give the xjack a shot. Big thanks to Steel Armadillo hooking me up!!!

First impression... damn this thing is heavier than i expected! (SAL, i weighed it just for you..)

The size throws you off too.... looks much smaller in pics & videos

So yeah.... this thing is a lot heavier duty than it looks.

Three pockets for all of the gear/accessories:

Sorry for the blurry pic... but there's also another pocket that holds the heavy duty cover that protects the xjack from punctures:

And the "gripping teeth" on the bottom are beastly!

I plan on doing two tests this weekend:

1) Inflate with exhaust
    2) Inflate with VIAIR 400P-A OBA kit

I've read a few online reviews that have actually put portable OBA pumps at a faster inflation rate than exhaust... so we'll see. (it obviously comes down to idle RPM, engine size and OBA pump specs)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I bet if you went WOT that would beat an OBA LOL That's a pretty cool setup! I did purchase a hanging scale today accurate to he ounce. I saved about .50¢ but don't have to wait for the mailman.

Only accurate to an ounce? That's pretty weak... that'd be like my scale going in .06 lb increments instead of .01 lb increments

lol maybe we'll try a higher RPM test as well. With my superchips programmer I can set the idle RPM higher... maybe i'll put it at 1500 RPM for one of the tests!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Only accurate to an ounce? That's pretty weak... that'd be like my scale going in .06 lb increments instead of .01 lb increments

lol maybe we'll try a higher RPM test as well. With my superchips programmer I can set the idle RPM higher... maybe i'll put it at 1500 RPM for one of the tests!
    LOL I missed typep again

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    I've been promoting these things for a long time. As far as I'm concerned, unless you have an old beat up 1948 Dodge Power Wagon with 1.6 tons of extra steel plating added, Hi-Lift jacks are just bad news. They make great can openers on your bodywork when they slip. (Notice I didn't say "if" )

They don't need a lot of pressure because they're a large volume air bag. PSI means pressure per square INCH. So the area on the almost 28" diameter bag end which is about 615 inches, even at a measly 1 PSI, that's 600+ lbs. of lifting force. Only 5 PSI is over 3,000 lbs. That's why the exhaust works. Your compressor will work okay, it'll just take a while.

Another reason I think an X-Jack is required trail equipment, is in case of a rollover where someone is trapped. They're thin enough to cram in somewhere to get the rig off someone.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Thanks Adondo. I know the premise and how psi works so I wasn't questioning if the exhaust would work or not, just referencing a few reviews that mentioned their OBA was quicker.... though they didn't mention if they had OBA reservoir tanks, which I could definitely see working pretty quick.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    I think it's neat how low pressure, high volume air bags work. And with such low pressure, you can almost get by with a leaky exhaust system.

The X-Jack in your friend on sand dunes or a beach. Try beach sand with a Hi-Lift. You need a platform of some kind, usually a 24" square piece of plywood.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I have not found a price for this, what did you guys get it for?
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    I have not found a price for this, what did you guys get it for?
    http://www.thesteelarmadillo.com/ARB...ARB72X10US.htm
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information