Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ARB (Bushranger) X-Jack

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Thank you sir
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    i am sold on it. Just ordered it from the Steel Armadillo. Got to support our Homie.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HueyPilotVN View Post
    Got to support our Homie.
    Amen to that!!

And I can't wait until tomorrow morning so I can test mine out

I will be getting one around tax time
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Very happy with the X-Jack!!

Let me start with this though, since most people won't read everything i write: It works 100x easier with an OBA pump!

Uploading 28 pics now so give me some time, i'll write about it in a few posts

My little helper:
    Last edited by Matt; 01-07-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Ok, first thing I did was take it all out and inflate it without a load, just to see how it all worked. Only took ~ 2 minutes to get it out of the bag and ready to inflate..

Holding this thing up to the XK 5.7L tailpipe does suck due to the angle and cut, was very difficult to get a good seal.

Next up was to try and lift up the vehicle. After 2:47 inflate time (I stopped the clock for re-positioning) I had to stop. Running back and forth trying to position the jack, it still angled forward, and even with my e-brake on and in Park it rolled forward on me (i purposely did not chock the tires)

I then tried it again with the tires chocked and payed more attention to carefully position the jack. In my first attempt I didn't want to go crazy... figured in an offroad situation you're not going to be working with perfectly even ground so just throw it under there and see what happens.

This time I gave up after 2:17 of inflation time. Once the jack started to firm up (about 1:30 in) it was taking a long time and it was really hard to keep the cone on the exhaust without losing air. Once I did get a good seal, air would leak out of the weep hole in the muffler which also slows down the inflation.

It probably would have eventually lifted it... but it was taking so much effort to "push" the cone onto the exhaust I decided to bail a bit early and try the OBA next.

Ok... time to break out the OBA!

I really like this, especially with my 400P-Auto that starts/stops as I inflate. It inflated relatively quickly, not much slower, if at all than the exhaust. I was also right next to it so I was able to continuously adjust it with ease. You'll also notice another reason why it was as good ideal to change the gauge on my VIAIR inflator!

After 3:00
    The xjack started to really firm up and was lifting the body (extending the suspension). I decided to stop in 1:00 intervals to keep an eye on the pressure since you're not supposed to exceed 10psi in the jack.

After 4:00

Tires weren't off the ground yet, but close. The jack really was taking the form of the jeep. On a side note (no pun intended), this is a place where the S.A. sliders would really help out! You'll see why in the pics

Last edited by Matt; 01-07-2012 at 09:28 AM.

After 5:00
    Tires a few inches off the ground. You may be thinking "oh man, 5 full minutes?" but let me tell you something, the 2+ minutes that i was pushing on that exhaust cone trying to get a seal... that felt like 10 minutes and the jeep wasn't even lifted yet!

After 5:34
    Now i was just playing. I wanted to fully inflate the jack which came to another 34 seconds. I still didn't reach 10 psi but thats because the weight didn't require it.

Cleanup

This took 4:45

TO:

Conclusion:
    Initial setup = 2-3 minutes
    Inflate with OBA = 5 minutes
    Cleanup = 5 minutes

So roughly 15 minutes said and done for a full recovery... not bad!

Great write up
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information