Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ARB (Bushranger) X-Jack

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    That is friggin sweet Matt!!!! Great write up and yes I can see where the SA sliders would be more beneficial.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Sweet bro another great review and yes I can also see the benefit of having the SA sliders.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    S.A. Sliders + VIAIR 400P-Auto + XJack.... you'd be set!

Sal, you're 1/3 the way there!

Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar
    Matt. If i get a flat next weekend im using your jack okay haha
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Quote Originally Posted by EvilJager View Post
    Matt. If i get a flat next weekend im using your jack okay haha
    Hells yeah!

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    Matt already did a review that convinced me to by an XJack. Here is another set of pictures from Wednesday when It took three of us Jon, Doc, and myself to change a flat.

I bought an X Jack from the Steel Armadillo. It came in handy Wednesday when I went to pick up my Mustang from Doc.

I had a flat on my old trailer that I use to carry the race car around before I got the new stacker trailer.

We had to change the tire anyway so we took pictures for a product review. Matt from the Forum had reviewed it and convinced me to buy it from his experience.

It comes in a heavy canvas case. It is about the size of a tire around but only about one fifth as thick. It comes with several other items. A pair of work gloves, a thick mat, the exhaust hose and an extension for the exhaust hose are included.

The anchor points keep the bottom from sliding around or moving.

The mat goes between the X Jack and the frame of the vehicle you are lifting.

We used a portable air compressor to inflate it because we already knew from Matt that using the exhaust hose takes longer. It only requires 10 psi to inflate it.

It lifted the trailer easily and in a very controlled and safe manner.

We placed the X Jack directly under the axle.

This is a good view of the hose for inflating by using the exhaust if you do not have a portable air compressor.

My experience with using Hi Lift Jacks in the past when off road has been much more dangerous than using this air bag type of lifting device. It is especially safer when letting the air out as compared to lowering any other type of jack that is under load.

It is a little expensive, but not nearly as expensive as losing an arm or a leg and it will not scare you like a tippy jack with a small base.

Thats my story and I sticking to it.
    Last edited by HueyPilotVN; 01-13-2012 at 11:15 PM.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Great addition! Thanks for the review and pictures.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Seems like a must have addition to our jeeps.

Had to use the xjack today.

I found one downfall (kind of minor)... I cut the protective mat when lifting Chris's WK today. I think it had to do with the frigid 11 degree temps though, so instead of flexing around the sharper objects it just cut into the cover. The jack worked fine... but I need to replace that cover. Just something to keep in mind.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information