Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ARB (Bushranger) X-Jack

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar
    I ment to tell you yesterday id be glad to replace that liner for you since it was my truck that damaged it. Im def sold on that jack! Changing a tire downhill with a hi-lift would have never worked
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Quote Originally Posted by EvilJager View Post
    I ment to tell you yesterday id be glad to replace that liner for you since it was my truck that damaged it. Im def sold on that jack! Changing a tire downhill with a hi-lift would have never worked
    Thanks for the offer man, but don't sweat it. I actually just took everything out of the back of my jeep and snapped a few pics of the damage to add to the review.

I'll probably just order a replacement from mcmaster and get some more pliable rubber for the fridged temps.

Other than that, the only other thing I didn't like about the xjack was having to hook up the exhaust hose. It'd be better if there was just a plug or something to use when inflating with a compressor.... but then again, if it was a nice warm day it probably would have also been a non-factor. With frozen hands, every second matters! lol

These cuts were caused by the crossmember and bolts. The plastic was too cold to stretch around them so it split instead:

So if you're wheeling when its in the low teens... be extra careful where you place the jack. Though in our case we wouldn't have had a choice... regardless it got the job done!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I would send the company a pic of that and see what they say. So if you use the OBA the exhaust hose stays open? Couldn't you fold the hose a few times and put a rubber band around it? Or are you saying when using the exhaust hose you have to hold it on the pipe?

Sorry i didn't explain that properly- you just have to connect the exhaust hose to the xjack and leave it there. You don't have to hold it up to anything or do anything with it... the one way valve is in the exhaust hose, so if you don't connect it to the xjack then it won't inflate with OBA.

In the pic above you can see the exhaust hose attached. I would prefer to just use a plug instead of unpacking the long hose. Again, not a big deal, just some extra work that id prefer to avoid. Honestly i think inflation by OBA should be #1 and the exhaust hose as a backup.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Ok I see now! Ya a plug when using OBA would be the way to go. A couple members have already purchased this and I'm sure several more will so I'd contact them see what they say about the pad and the plug.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    I pack a 3' square piece of carpet. I normally wrap it around a set of camp chairs that are up on the roof rack to keep the wind from beating them to death.

It's handy for use as a step when I'm camping with a bed made up in the back, throwing down as a pad for knees if working on something, it's good for traction, and it can be an X-Jack pad.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

+1 for ARB customer service. Finally got around to sending them an E-mail today about the cuts in the cover and they're sending me out a new one.

He's also going to try and get the material specs (per my request) so I can try to spec out a better substitute for cold weather.

And he also agreed with my point about having a plug or something for when you're using OBA, rather than having to unpack and use the long exhaust hose... so hopefully we see an accessory for us OBA guys in the future to eliminate the need for hooking up that hose.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Nice
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information