Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lt's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Lt_JWS's Avatar

Lt's Garage

Last edited by Lt_JWS; 01-07-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    2006 XK 4.7V8 | Quadra-Drive II |2 1/2" Lift | K&N Filter| Port and Polished Throttle Body| Magnaflow# 12256 | Leather, heated seats, Command View| Factory Tow hooks | Full factory skids | Rear D-Ring Shackle |1.25" front/1" rear spacers | JK Wheels | 245/75R17 Nitto TG

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    It's about time just kidding now lets see you jump the creek

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    You're hanging your arm out the window alll wrong... you're supposed to hold the handle like sal

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Nice post....I liked your vid.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You're hanging your arm out the window alll wrong... you're supposed to hold the handle like sal
    Yeah Sal has his hand ready to make a quick exit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    It's about time just kidding now lets see you jump the creek
    Im not as crazy as you, I was worried i'd leave my rear bumper on that drop off... its a good drop, hit the rear frame rails... It was the first real time i'd done anything like that... i've played in water and 2' of snow but no real offroading...
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    Nice post....I liked your vid.
    Thanks, If the wind would have cooperated alittle more it would have been better.

Also im still not sure on the spacers... they look ok but i think i liked it better without them..... I dont know how to describe it, almost like im driving a super wide hummer.
    Last edited by Lt_JWS; 01-07-2012 at 09:30 PM.
    2006 XK 4.7V8 | Quadra-Drive II |2 1/2" Lift | K&N Filter| Port and Polished Throttle Body| Magnaflow# 12256 | Leather, heated seats, Command View| Factory Tow hooks | Full factory skids | Rear D-Ring Shackle |1.25" front/1" rear spacers | JK Wheels | 245/75R17 Nitto TG

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Nice
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by Lt_JWS View Post
    Yeah Sal has his hand ready to make a quick exit...

Im not as crazy as you, I was worried i'd leave my rear bumper on that drop off... its a good drop, hit the rear frame rails... It was the first real time i'd done anything like that... i've played in water and 2' of snow but no real offroading...

Thanks, If the wind would have cooperated alittle more it would have been better.

Also im still not sure on the spacers... they look ok but i think i liked it better without them..... I dont know how to describe it, almost like im driving a super wide hummer.
    I thought the spacers improved the stability especially off road didn't feel as tippy. Not to mention I think it looks better as well that wide stance looks right on the XK

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I thought the spacers improved the stability especially off road didn't feel as tippy. Not to mention I think it looks better as well that wide stance looks right on the XK
    Yeah its more stable for sure, I just need some JK wheels and tires now.....

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Spacers also give a wider track. This sets the tires a little wider than ruts we ride.
    This also helps from getting stuck or bogged down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt_JWS View Post
    Yeah its more stable for sure, I just need some JK wheels and tires now.....
    Go easy once you get those first few scratches you stop caring and they start adding up real fast LOL

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information