Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
Did you put it in 4 low? Seems like the TCS was limiting your engine power and not letting slip occur at first. If you would have clicked the button once and made the light come on for TCS it probably would have done it. When you go to 4 low the engine power is no longer limited when the jeep starts to slip and only the side to side traction control functions which will help you find grip. Wet grass and less aggressive tires don't help either. With my agressive tires i rarely lose traction at all and don't usually need 4 low unless i'm trying to limit downhill speed or really just need some grunt and wheelspin. Nice vids.

One last edit: Do you have Quadra drive on the 4.7l? That's cool if so. Mine's only Quadra trac.
Didn't use 4low at first, I also didn't disable the traction control or anything. I'll say this... it was much steeper than it looked and was very slick. I have quadra drive 2, i figured it would make it no problem, i probably didn't give it enough time to engage as i let off the gas pretty much as soon as it started to spin. Also this was really the first time i've driven on anything slick other than snow....