Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lt's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Lt_JWS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Go easy once you get those first few scratches you stop caring and they start adding up real fast LOL
    lol yeah, once i scratch it up real good im gonna do the bed liner spray to my jeep like you did.
    2006 XK 4.7V8 | Quadra-Drive II |2 1/2" Lift | K&N Filter| Port and Polished Throttle Body| Magnaflow# 12256 | Leather, heated seats, Command View| Factory Tow hooks | Full factory skids | Rear D-Ring Shackle |1.25" front/1" rear spacers | JK Wheels | 245/75R17 Nitto TG

didn't want to post this at first because Im a noob but what did i do wrong... i figured it would pull up the hill no prob without 4low.....

http://youtu.be/0B-4utgWIls

Im not trying to make excuses but it rained the night before and the ground was very soft on top and frozen underneath.
    2006 XK 4.7V8 | Quadra-Drive II |2 1/2" Lift | K&N Filter| Port and Polished Throttle Body| Magnaflow# 12256 | Leather, heated seats, Command View| Factory Tow hooks | Full factory skids | Rear D-Ring Shackle |1.25" front/1" rear spacers | JK Wheels | 245/75R17 Nitto TG

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    We all started somewhere learning our jeeps bro. The first trail I hit my wife's car could of probably made it LOL

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Did you put it in 4 low? Seems like the TCS was limiting your engine power and not letting slip occur at first. If you would have clicked the button once and made the light come on for TCS it probably would have done it. When you go to 4 low the engine power is no longer limited when the jeep starts to slip and only the side to side traction control functions which will help you find grip. Wet grass and less aggressive tires don't help either. With my agressive tires i rarely lose traction at all and don't usually need 4 low unless i'm trying to limit downhill speed or really just need some grunt and wheelspin. Nice vids.

One last edit: Do you have Quadra drive on the 4.7l? That's cool if so. Mine's only Quadra trac.
    Last edited by superacerc; 01-10-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    Did you put it in 4 low? Seems like the TCS was limiting your engine power and not letting slip occur at first. If you would have clicked the button once and made the light come on for TCS it probably would have done it. When you go to 4 low the engine power is no longer limited when the jeep starts to slip and only the side to side traction control functions which will help you find grip. Wet grass and less aggressive tires don't help either. With my agressive tires i rarely lose traction at all and don't usually need 4 low unless i'm trying to limit downhill speed or really just need some grunt and wheelspin. Nice vids.

One last edit: Do you have Quadra drive on the 4.7l? That's cool if so. Mine's only Quadra trac.
    Didn't use 4low at first, I also didn't disable the traction control or anything. I'll say this... it was much steeper than it looked and was very slick. I have quadra drive 2, i figured it would make it no problem, i probably didn't give it enough time to engage as i let off the gas pretty much as soon as it started to spin. Also this was really the first time i've driven on anything slick other than snow....

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    If you let spin for another half second or so it would've engaged the clutches in the axles for ya then you would've walked right up there. 4-low would've engaged them too.

... next time i bet you go right up it and don't even think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    If you let spin for another half second or so it would've engaged the clutches in the axles for ya then you would've walked right up there. 4-low would've engaged them too.

... next time i bet you go right up it and don't even think about it
    so do the axles engage with traction control on, in 4hi?? I put it in 4low and it went right up no problem!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Yes, the axles will engage even with traction control on; but it's still better to turn traction control off when offroading to let the system work better/quicker

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    when in doubt, use the skinny pedal!
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    when in doubt, use the skinny pedal!
    yeah im learnin......

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information