Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Switches

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar

Switches

I'm planning to make a switch pod, but I want to plan ahead and get all the possible switches I could want at the same time so they match and fit in the place I plan (which isn't set yet)

So what I'm looking for in some input on what devices I'm forgetting about that I might want later on..

So far I have

Rock Lights
    Aux Backup Lights
    Power Inverter
    On Board Air
    Front Aux Lights (Super Brights)

Anyone think of anything else? Feel free to think outside the box, I'm not sure where I'm putting this yet, so I'll prioritize switches to make it fit in the space when it happens.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Winch? Some like to have the power switched.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Locker maybe? That is if you go with an air locker.

Also one thing about the power inverter. I've seen some people put the power inverter switch either at the inverter or near the plug in. Since you'll be at either the inverter it self or the plug in suing whatever device you have, you can turn the inverter on there. THis way you won't have to travel to the switch pod, flip it on, and then go back to the inverter or the plug in. It's a thought.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Winch really isn't on my radar, and I think even if I do it it would be an external only thing. Good thought for sure though, totally skipped my mine.

Locker, I have QD2 so no need

Interter, I have an 800 watt unit with 2 plugs, that I plan to route to different locations, I'll be using a relay so that it only has power when the ignition is on, so the switch is more for cosmetics/not having to hear the fan if I don't need it.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    I may dup some of your ideas....

Rock Lights / Aux Backup Lights / Power Inverter / On Board Air / Front Aux Lights (Super Brights)
    Fog Lights

Driving/Grill Lights

Driving lights (Roof Rack)

Alley (Side lights - rack or rail mount)

Rear Lights (Roof Rack)

Seat Heat(?)

Other interior lights? Jeep Ambient Lighting Kit

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    Winch really isn't on my radar, and I think even if I do it it would be an external only thing. Good thought for sure though, totally skipped my mine.

Locker, I have QD2 so no need

Interter, I have an 800 watt unit with 2 plugs, that I plan to route to different locations, I'll be using a relay so that it only has power when the ignition is on, so the switch is more for cosmetics/not having to hear the fan if I don't need it.
    Oh yea with QD2 you're good.

Yea I get what you say about the inverter. Makes sense.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Thanks for the suggestions guys, anyone else have any? (long version of bump to the top )

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    The inverter switch up front means you'll always know when it's on. Mine is at the plug and I forget to turn it off a lot. Consider going with the rocker style with safety cover. I have the lighted ones so you can see when there on but the lights bug me when your on that pitch black trail there really bright.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Might consider two switches for front facing lights... I have one for the high powered fogs and another for the spotlights. Also gives you the option to use one for bumper mounted lights and one for roof rack mounted lights.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    Ya what Matt said! It depends on how many lights you think you might end up with down the road. I have three forward facing aux light right now (20", D2s, FF75s). I didn't think I was going to have that many, but I am glad I have the switch space for them. What about an on-board compressor?
    [05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information