Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lift/Shop info.

Lift/Shop info.

Hey guys I'm looking for some info on 4x4 shops in my area. I would love to do all the work myself,but work,time,lack of a tall enough garage are holding me back at this point. I was wandering if someone could point me in the direction of a good,yet not expensive shop. Also I've seen tons of threads on what rims can/cant be used,but would it be easier/cheaper to use stock rims,Rubi's. or go after market/ I've seen a few after markets that I really like and was just wandering. Thanks all.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Hey man, no one knows where you're from (except me).... gotta put something in your profile or in the post so they know where "my area" is

If you're looking for a spacer lift, i may be able to help you out there. I removed my 2" Rough Country lift and replaced it with the OME HD springs/struts. I can do the lift in my garage... which isn't huge, but get's the job done .

For wheels there are a lot of aftermarket options that will work. What styles do you like?

Sorry about that guys,I forgot to update my profile. I'm in Bellmawr. About 10 mins from Philly in south jersey. Thanks Matt,if ya could PM me the info about the RC as far as what else I would need etc to go with it. I'd like to keep the handling and ride as close to stock as possible. As for rims I'd like to go Black! I saw a brand in a mag and cant remeber the name of them,its in my locker at work,but they had a "star" in the center cap if that helps. Thanks again for all the info and help.

The Rockstar wheels?

Oh... and have a read through this: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...w-To-quot?weld

Modifying the pinch weld is practically a necessity on these vehicles; but it's not a big deal when done right.

Yep Matt,those are one of the ones I liked! Thanks for the reading info,that'll give me something to do on my break tomorrow!

The only issue with the Rockstars is they're 9" wide with 5" backspace which make it a bit tougher to fit some meatier tires. For reference, they'll stick out 1/2" further than my wheels; so that pinch weld mod is 100% required to run those (but it's very doable, just need to be a bit careful with the tire selection)

Member Looking for Dirt naidib04's Avatar
    I really like those wheels too. If he runs a superlift there is more chance there will be less rubbing in the long run.
    2006 WK Limited - Hemi, QDII, OME HD with MLL, 265/70R17 Firestone Destination MT, Gutter Guard Grill, Cobra CB with 3' whip, Custom 3'' exhaust, aFe CAI with Pre-filter, Low Profile Driving Lights, Saguaro 4xC CB mount, Rear Hitch Recovery with 3/4 D-Ring Shackle, Front Tow Hooks, Superchips Flashpaq 3875, Shorty Antenna, Rola Roof Rack, Rusty's Adj. Rear Track Bar

That is true... those wheels will work better with the 4" superlift....

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    HAHA, you guys have already burned through a few grand of his money.
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information