Turbo setup #2 in my 1989 Dodge Power Wagon. It was an old surplus US Forest Service 4x4.

The engine was a 318, and MPG was an: "it depends." Drive it real easy, it could push 30 MPG. Drive it hard while towing a camp trailer, it might get 4.5 MPG. Of course, that was while doing 65 MPH up Cabbage Hill past trucks going 15 MPH. I packed a "strip kit" for the little two barrel Carter Carb so I could switch out jets as needed for power or economy. (BTW, the carb size is totally moot when a turbo is involved because it's forced air) The carb hung out over the end of the valve cover, and had a coolant loop to prevent icing etc. It was an act of God to get it running at anything below 50 degrees until fully warmed up, so it was a fair weather truck. Top end speed was WELL into three digits.

The 400 CID, cammed up, single plane manifolded powerhouse in my 1965 GMC Suburban. I grafted a 1956 Studebaker overdrive onto the tranny, and this old aerodynamics-of-a-brick rig would CRUISE at 115 MPH all day.

What the engine above powered:

My custom made split-shifting setup. 6 speeds forward, and 1 reverse. Top end was maybe 135 MPH. You couldn't hear yourself think at those speeds with the wind roar.

The dashboard.