Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SA rear differential cover?

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    both of you welding one up??
    I was going to try lol. It may be best to leave it to someone with more fab skills though. Figured it couldnt be that hard right?
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    both of you welding one up??
    I will make one for the business but if anyone else makes one it doesn't hurt my feelings. I am adding products as doors open and this is an open door right now!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    I was going to try lol. It may be best to leave it to someone with more fab skills though. Figured it couldnt be that hard right?
    LMAO if you have to ask bro you might want to cut your teeth on something else

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    LMAO if you have to ask bro you might want to cut your teeth on something else
    I am comfortable with the welding aspect, Just not sure if it would warp, or clear the pinion. Might be better to just buy Johns so I dont end up with a leaky diff
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    I am comfortable with the welding aspect, Just not sure if it would warp, or clear the pinion. Might be better to just buy Johns so I dont end up with a leaky diff
    Just messing with ya man

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Would you still be considering to design it to fit with 4xG diff guard still in place?

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Would you still be considering to design it to fit with 4xG diff guard still in place?
    If that is addressed to me then the answer would be "no".

The reason is that the construction would not fit under the 4xG and the improved strength of the Steel Armadillo cover would not require the 4xG for protection (why have to guards on one dif.).
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information