Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TrialByFire's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar

TrialByFire's Garage

Here's the beginning of an addiction. My stock '06 Limited in early October 2010. (Well, it was not quite stock. I went with 245/70R17 GY SilentArmors.

Here is April 2011 with the Rocky Road lift (which went on in November 2010.

And May 2011 after the RR lift came off and the Superlift went on along with some 285/70R17 BFG MT KM2s.
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Cool wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    Cool wheels.
    I ordered Mickey Thompson Classic IIs originally, but there was rubbing so I switched to the (25mm) AEV Pintlers. I really like them so far except the valve stem guards don't come out far enough to completely protect the rigid TPMS stems.
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    That is one meaty looking Commander.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Looks awesome! Can't wait to put a 4" on mine

I took it out this weekend for a test run. There were some interesting differences from the RR lift with 245/70R17 SAs. The added clearance is very nice obviously. With the big Mud Terrains though powering up those dunes was not to be done as I couldn't keep the rpms up. Maybe it's just technique. Not a big problem as they did great at everything else I tried.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Sweet photos bro. Are you saying you didn't have enough power to get up the canyon. Were you in 4LO? Not sure I understand with the 5.7L you should have plenty of power.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    wow... freaking wow man, i love your XK!!

How is the clearance when you're flexing with those 285/70/17s? Any rubbing or did you do some pinch weld mods? I know guys run them with the 2" spacers, but i was planning on getting 265/70/17's when i put on my SL (but i want to run the Mickey Thompson ATZs which usually run "larger" than advertised).

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When you say you couldn't keep the rpms up, I assume you had the traction control turned off ?
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Sweet photos bro. Are you saying you didn't have enough power to get up the canyon. Were you in 4LO? Not sure I understand with the 5.7L you should have plenty of power.
    It was a 80-foot sand dune that I couldn't get up, not the gully in the photo.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information